Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is this what passes for Pro Built?

AH HAAA... but I'm quite sure it said so before. Read the ad again and you will find this:

The seller has revised the following item information:

Date Time Revised Information 18-Jan-12 08:33:19 EST

Description

Title

Which makes me wonder... which one of you here is called kingofmodelcars on ebay? :)

Hmmmmm.... he saw this thread? Interesting... ;)

Hmmmmm.... he saw this thread? Interesting... ;)

Don't think there was ever any real doubt that would occur; in fact, I imagine several members here have sent a 'Question to Seller' asking his reasoning behind the listing, and/or advising of this thread.

His item has had over 500 views since this thread started - impressive since that is several hundred more than any of his other 11 'pro built' listings (titles of which have not been changed yet).

Yes, interesting . . .

I think I have it figured it out ,, I was looking at some of his other auctions.

everything pre built he is calling pro built

any loose kits that have a painted (or half painted) body he mentions pro painted body when I think he means pre painted

I'm wondering if he means pre built,

because he has some other auctions that say model with pro painted body,, and they are terribly sprayed.... but are painted .. I honestly think he is confused between the words pro and pre.

that would make sense of the whole thing.. a grammar issue

Edited by scalenut

Nobody has said it specifically that I can see, but he now calls it a "built" model and not "pro-built." Therefore, I don't buy into the validity of any argument that he meant "pre-built," and I think he was using scamming salesmanship. Why would anyone say "pre-built" anyway? Could it be "post-built" later?

Edited by sjordan2

When the going gets tough, the not-so-tough go Semi-Pro[/] :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1286

Semi-pro built. Here we go again!!! Did he mean someone who is semi-professional and what does that mean? Or did he mean semi-built which the kit is.

I have some pro-unassembled kits that I might be willing to sell. I also have pro-disassembled kits too! Those were glue bombs I bought and took apart. The best ones are my pro disassembled /rebuilt models!