Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell kits?

High octane

As someone mentioned elsewhere, take a look at Tower Hobbies' website, as they are owned by Hobbico, the parent company of Revell.

There are also a few major distributors/vendors for Revell and Round2 product on eBay, so when they list a "pre-sale" and a release date, it's likely because they have gotten advanced notice of a forthcoimg release.

Isn't the "Bad Medicine" kit the one that has the all chrome Corvair engine? I hope so, I have a glue bomb that isn't finished (luckily the engine wasn't started) but the kit has been moved (Daughter rearranging my room) & "is in a box the garage" dreaded words in my household, since the garage is a 20x50 building that has over half of it filled with boxes to the 20 foot ceiling.lol

Isn't the "Bad Medicine" kit the one that has the all chrome Corvair engine?

I think you may be thinking of the "Medicine Man" kit from Revell? I think that was part of the kooky C-cab hot rod series of kits, which all included Corviar flat-six powerplants- Moon Mixer, T-Bone Steak, etc.

I think you may be thinking of the "Medicine Man" kit from Revell? I think that was part of the kooky C-cab hot rod series of kits, which all included Corviar flat-six powerplants- Moon Mixer, T-Bone Steak, etc.

I think you're right, getting older & the feeble old brain just don't work quite as well as it used to, but most of the other stuff does, & that's what's really important. After all if you can't remember it, you can try more often,,,,,,,right?

Ignore my later post, I hadn't got to yours yet. lol, there's that brain deal again

• 3 weeks later...

i received a copy of their 2012 catalog Saturday. the only Corvette coupe was a snap together. Wasn't a coupe announced???

thanks,

Revell's only upcoming announced Corvette new issues that I know of are an all-new '62 roadster and a '63 Corvette Grand Sport race car (reissue of an Accurate Miniatures kit, I think).

AMT has a '12 Corvette coupe curbside out now and a '12 convertible coming soon..

Edited by Rob Hall

The new releases announced at iHobby last year were announced as 1st half 2012 releases, and OLDs have release months for some kits up into May...so I'm assuming those that don't have release months like the '50 Olds, '57 Ford Tudor, '62 Corvette, '32 Ford SD RR, '77 GMC truck, etc will be later than that...

has it been mentioned that it looks like, from model roundup web site anyhow, revell is going to reissue ed roths tweedy pie (the original, presumably?) and also the Orange Crate.

those along with the tony nancy set and that guy from gearz or something's 32 hot rod thats supposed to be all new tooling, make revell the ones to look for for my model $ coming up!