Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell kits?

High octane

Revell's only upcoming announced Corvette new issues that I know of are an all-new '62 roadster and a '63 Corvette Grand Sport race car (reissue of an Accurate Miniatures kit, I think).

AMT has a '12 Corvette coupe curbside out now and a '12 convertible coming soon..

Thanks Rob.

Joe.

Edited by jaydar

Just got Modelroundup e-mail saying the 55 300 is due in April, Tony Nacy early March and 77 Chevy shortbed van eary March also

Thanks for the info, Tom. :)

I'm very interested to see what Revell has in store for the Orange Crate's tires. I hope they come up with something nice, or we may see a ton of Orange Crates being built with AMT's new slicks. :o

Edited by Casey

Here's the release schedule from my LHS:

February

Tony Nancy Dragster Set SSP

1977 Chevy Van

Revell Germany London Bus

March

1970 Plymouth Road Runner

Ferrari Enzo snap kit

Ed Roth Tweety Pie

'32 Ford sedan 'Orange Crate'

'41 Willys drag coupe

Chevy Corvette Grand Sport

April

Ed Roth's '56 Ford F-100

'67 Chevy Chevelle Pro Street

'29 Ford Rat Rod pickup

Bad Medicine

Cadillac Custom Lowrider

Revell Germany-boxed Lonestar (I want to see this instruction sheet...)

Revell Germany 1950 Krupp Titan SWL 80

May

1:16 Peterbilt 359 SSP

Lamborghini Countach

'40 Ford coupe street rod

I just want to know when the '77 GMC pickup is going to be released, I'm just itching to get a few of them!

x2 !!!!!!!

The list of scheduled releases for March/April so far doesn't contain any "must haves" for me, so I will continue to build what I have stockpiled.

They hardly ever seem to come out when they say. But your local hobby store has to order them and that's what may take them sooo long to be on the shelf. I'm looking forward to a bunch of kits coming out this year. The Chevy Van, GMC P/U w/plow, Road Runner, Cadillac Low Rider (will build as close to stock as possible), and one or two more I can't think of at the moment.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing that one (and the '57 Ford) around fall or maybe early winter. I'm kind of hoping they spring them on us early by suprise, though. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping they don't pull an AMT c., 2000 and decide not to do it.

If they do, there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people out there, and I'll be one of them.

Charlie Larkin

Did all three of these new tools have test shots displayed at the iHobby show? They went that far and need to recover that investment somehow. They'll be released, eventually... With AMT, didn't they plan to tool up something but never did? I can't imagine one of these companies tooling up a kit and never producing it.

Yes they did. Revell had test shots of their ill-fated diecast based 80's Olds Cutlass. Ever since then there seems to be immense concern when Revell doesn't announce 6 months in advance when new tooling kits are going to be released. Nevermind it's only been 4 months since iHobby, they aren't on the 1st quarter schedule....PANIC PANIC PANIC!

Tower Hobbies is listing the Moebius C 300 for late June, that will put it out 15 months after it's original release date, and nearly 2 years after it was announced, yet I don't see where people are gathered with pitchforks and torches (i imagine because they've been reasonably transparent along the way).

There was a bunch of "Revell is evil and isn't ever going to release it" drama around the '48 Ford when it got delayed, that ended up being much ado about nothing. There aren't even any known delays with these three new tools, but they aren't coming out fast enough. GATHER THE MOB!

Most everyone here (myself included) could wait 50 years for this round of models to be released and never run out of styrene. Take a breath, step away from the ledges...

Did all three of these new tools have test shots displayed at the iHobby show? They went that far and need to recover that investment somehow. They'll be released, eventually... With AMT, didn't they plan to tool up something but never did? I can't imagine one of these companies tooling up a kit and never producing it.

Yes, the '57 Ford, '50 Olds and '62 Corvette test shots were shown at the iHobby show and were posted here and on other modeling forums. Remember, those were 1st half 2012 annoucements, not 1st quarter....

Most everyone here (myself included) could wait 50 years for this round of models to be released and never run out of styrene. Take a breath, step away from the ledges...

Amen to that, brother James! I don't recall Revell ever GUARANTEEING any kit would hit store shelves by any particular date, and why would they? I guess there will always be those who think "Why isn't the kit out yet!??" and others who think, ""I'm just glad Revell decided to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in an all new kit with no guarantee of being a sure-fire hit, so I'll be happy just being able to build it no matter it's released."

Plus, how many times do people give Revell credit when a kit hits LHS shelves within or before the announced month? Maybe that just goes to show just how good we've got it now.

I mean I was fairly "annoyed" with how long it took to get the '10 Camaro SS kit out. It was announced prior to iHobby at the NNL in 2010, so by the time it finally fell out of the sky about 15-20 days ago, it was also 15 months from it's announced date. But I never thought it had been canceled, or Revell wasn't going to release it. Now it's downstairs tossed onto the pile of everything else I "HAD" to have, and couldn't wait to see :lol:

I think part of the problem is too many people know too many people who can get them the Quarterly "Preferred Supplier" Release list, which allows that foggy 3-4 month look into the future. Otherwise you wouldn't know what to expect from Revell other than what they announce as new releases on their website the first Monday of the new Month on their website.

Medicine man is coming out around May of this year

No the Tom Daniel BAD MEDICINE kit is what is being reissued in May (or April depending on your LHS's ability to be on the Preferred Retailer list). There's is no mention from Revell now or anytime this release platform about the Medicine Man kit coming back out. The kit was brought up in this thread as to which kit it was vs. Bad Medicine, but it is not in the catalog, nor forthcoming in the First Half of 2012. Come June when the Late Summer/Fall update release platform is announced, who knows. Revell has been on a tear over the past few years reissuing almost every single Tom Daniel's tool they still can find all the molds to at this rate.

But, that "Dr Krook's" wasn't a Tom Daniels design was it??

That is an Old Revell tooling and Not a Monogram. Tom did his work at

Monogram before & During the Mattel (Hot Wheels) days. (Early 70's.--Way before the

Merger with Revell in the mid-late 80's. At least as far as I remember)

But, that "Dr Krook's" wasn't a Tom Daniels design was it??

That is an Old Revell tooling and Not a Monogram.

No it wasn't, but I don't think James was implying it was, just mentioning the TD kits since they are related. On a related note, Revell has discontinued the Tom Daniel series of kits- Rommel's Rod, Dragon Circus Wagon, Tijuana Taxi, etc., so get 'em while you can. Revell has done a great job reissuing many of the TD-designed kits, even recreating the Rommel's Rod when the original tooling was long gone, so let's hope they look into doing the same with a few of Tom's other designs which have been modified (Sand Shark, Lil Van, etc.), so that we can build the original versions of the kit again.

No it wasn't, but I don't think James was implying it was, just mentioning the TD kits since they are related. On a related note, Revell has discontinued the Tom Daniel series of kits- Rommel's Rod, Dragon Circus Wagon, Tijuana Taxi, etc., so get 'em while you can. Revell has done a great job reissuing many of the TD-designed kits, even recreating the Rommel's Rod when the original tooling was long gone, so let's hope they look into doing the same with a few of Tom's other designs which have been modified (Sand Shark, Lil Van, etc.), so that we can build the original versions of the kit again.

They did exactly that with the Circus Wagon (nee Dragon Wagon)- later on, it was retooled into the Hangman, but the old Dragon Wagon parts were recreated to bring it back to its original form.