Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Ferrari Unveiled Today

Considering Alfa and Ferrari are now part of Fiat, call it a family resemblance :D The more I look at that door scoop and the way the vent exits into the fenders, I wonder if it's being used as a source for some additional rear downforce since it sweeps up and over the rear wheels ;)

Honestly, I like it's looks better than most modern Ferrari's too.

Edited by Joe Handley

Perhaps Nike is paying Ferrari royalties for the advertising space on the car….it is a shame, to me, that Ferrari has used the same basic shape now for years, I guess they are running out of attractive ways to change it up….Ferrari is a great sports car and they have nothing to apologize for, but this one should have remained on the stylist’s computer screen……but, I could be wrong.

We're obviously into some sort of "high baroque" period where elaboration of surface details (typically derivative of an established litany of standardized elements) around a common architecture passes for "design evolution". The interesting thing is that most of these cars are far less impressive in photographs than they are "in the metal" where they can be quite striking and surprisingly well proportioned. ... Which in my book still doesn't excuse the current paucity of genuine creativity. But all of this is nothing new - even in the golden age of the 50's and 60's Italian carrozzeria was pretty hit or miss...

I'm not a Ferrari fan. In saying that I mean I don't lust over them as some do. I like the Dino cars and a few others. This one doesn't do anything for me. Maybe Bernard is right, you have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it. Ken

Perhaps Nike is paying Ferrari royalties for the advertising space on the car….it is a shame, to me, that Ferrari has used the same basic shape now for years, I guess they are running out of attractive ways to change it up….Ferrari is a great sports car and they have nothing to apologize for, but this one should have remained on the stylist’s computer screen……but, I could be wrong.

I take it you're not a fan of the Porsche 911, then? :lol:

I take it you're not a fan of the Porsche 911, then? :lol:

A good analogy. I don't see anything wrong with continually developing new twists on a traditional look that echoes the styling history of the brand. But I do kind of yearn for the old days when you seldom, if ever, saw a panel line in the flow of the bodywork. At most, you'd see a chrome strip running along the rocker panels. But I guess that these days, body parts are made out of so many different types of materials that it's hard to disguise the seams.

Edited by sjordan2