Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ever have a real head-scratcher?...

I have a few kits that I didn't necessarily want but ended up with because I bought a group of kits as a lot (haven't done that in a while, though). As far as forgetting why I bought a kit or what I wanted it for (parts, a specific style of build, etc) I always put a note in as to what my intent for the kit is when I enter it into the spreadsheet and assign the tracking number.

I have a few kits that I didn't necessarily want but ended up with because I bought a group of kits as a lot (haven't done that in a while, though). As far as forgetting why I bought a kit or what I wanted it for (parts, a specific style of build, etc) I always put a note in as to what my intent for the kit is when I enter it into the spreadsheet and assign the tracking number.

Rob, you must have a very big stash of kits if you need to use a spreed sheet to keep track of them :lol:

Im a builder not much of a collector , so on the rare occation that I do buy a kit I only buy what im gonna build right now or next. I believe that as long as a model is in the box its only a box of plastic, but once you assemble those plastic parts it becomes art. My total boxed model count is about 20 and most of those have been scavanged for parts. B)

Im a builder not much of a collector , so on the rare occation that I do buy a kit I only buy what im gonna build right now or next. I believe that as long as a model is in the box its only a box of plastic, but once you assemble those plastic parts it becomes art. My total boxed model count is about 20 and most of those have been scavanged for parts. B)

I agree with that, I am not a collector, I see no point in collecting kits, there were made to be built, I buy, I build. I have three kits that I bought last September that I have not built yet, those are the only kits that I have that have been sitting there that long unbuilt.

I see no point in buying a model kit and never building it, unless it was bought for parts.

I really plan to build all those kits that are shelved, stored, half built, etc. Yes, really. I promise. Someday. I hope. Any I regret? Nawww, they all had good intentions at the time. a 1/16 Entex 1969 Corvette (or maybe a 68). Rare, but not a great kit by farrrr.

There are kits in my closet that I wouldn't start or finish if they were the last kits on earth. I hate 1/72 airplanes, but I guess had to start a couple to realize that. I also hate cars that aren't race cars and don't know why I have a couple in the stash. I don't keep a large collection because I have zero desire to own any kit that I don't intend to build.

Rob, you must have a very big stash of kits if you need to use a spreed sheet to keep track of them :lol:

I do have quite a few..mostly bought over the last 15 years..unbuilt new and old, old restorable kits, etc. I do try and keep good records of what I have, where they are stored (in 3 states), etc...I do plan to build them all eventually...my current build rate is pretty slow, though.

Edited by Rob Hall