Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi 1/24 1966 Ford GT40

Eric C

Just finished this one up last night. Commonly built kit so not much to say about it that hasn't been said before. I didn't do anything special to it other than added safety wire to the wheel knock-offs, repainted the kit fender swoosh decals to be more accurate in color and hand painted the blue stripe around the tires. Otherwise built out of the box.

Thanks for looking...

100_3044.jpg

100_3047.jpg

100_3053.jpg

100_3037.jpg

100_3042.jpg

Thanks for the comment guys... I'll try to answer some of the questions.

The blue stripe was hand painted using a long thin liner-brush and paint thinned almost to the consistency of a wash. There's a slight edge molded on the tire and I just flowed paint on the top surface of the ledge.

The paint is Plastikote VW Blue decanted and sprayed through an airbrush.

I scribed the panel lines a little deeper before I painted the car. I thinned black acrylic paint into a wash and flowed that into the panel lines. A little final polishing will clean up the overflow if there is any.

Actually, I started the Trump 1/12 scale kit this weekend. Got the KA Models upgrade set and replacement tires on order.