Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROADSIDE ATTRACTION COOL PICTURES--YOUR OWN

So am I the only one that realized that this is a photo out of a dirigible, AKA blimp? Cool photo.

Thanks Pete,yes it is,it was taken from the co-pilot seat fr the Spirit Of Goodyear,I was blessed to get to go up with her for a hour voyage,I have quite a few pics from the ride,but this one was one of my favorites....experience that was just un-describable........

Edited by Badluck 13

This is from Cadilac, MI, just north of Grand Rapids. I was there fro a Vintage Thunderbird Club regional meet in 1998. This is my car and is my favorite picture if it. The owner's sister took pictures at night, her kids would wet the ground. I visited this place in 2005 while on a business trip, but not sure if it is still there now.

This is from Cadilac, MI, just north of Grand Rapids. I was there fro a Vintage Thunderbird Club regional meet in 1998. This is my car and is my favorite picture if it. The owner's sister took pictures at night, her kids would wet the ground. I visited this place in 2005 while on a business trip, but not sure if it is still there now.

They have made lots of tin signs with rosie's diner,I have one on my wall.

Some very cool stuff. I took these in 2010. This was the old Bancroft Chrysler-Plymouth on Bancroft St. in Worcester, Ma. They took down the late 1980s remodel and have since covered this back up. The building is now apartments.

67950017-1.jpg

67950024-1.jpg

67950022-1.jpg

67950021-1.jpg

67950020-1.jpg

67950019-1.jpg

67950018-1.jpg

Charlie Larkin

The Wayside Inn grist mill in Sudbury, Ma.

This was built in 1922 by Henry Ford (yes, that one,) who owned Longfellow's Wayside Inn at the time, and most of the land that is now called Wayside Village, on the Marlborough/Sudbury line.

016_16.jpg

Charlie Larkin

It's interesting when you've been taking pictures for several years how certain themes and elements begin to appear over and over in the work. I think this is how you've trained your eye to find what YOU like for subject matter.

In my case it is rust and abandoned roadside stuff.

001-77.jpg

This is a late '40s or early '50s Chevy that belongs to a local farm near my home-right now they are using it as a bumper stop to fill those plastic tubes full of silage-the truck keeps the silage from blowing out the end of the tubes-this truck is very clean , runs great and is still earning it's keep. Some times there is a sign in the window when it's parked near the road="Not For Sale" :lol:

Only in southern California would you see this going down the road! Get a shovel man!

DSC00691.jpg

Actually, I've seen a couple of similar services prowling the wealthier areas of MetroWest (the area of Rtes. 9 and 20 between roughly Boston and Worcester, Ma.,) I'll try to keep a camera in the car, and next time I see one of their cars going by, I'll make an effort to take a picture. With Rt. 9 being basically stopped from 6:30A.M.-6:30P.M., it shouldn't be too tough.

Charlie Larkin

Actually, I've seen a couple of similar services prowling the wealthier areas of MetroWest (the area of Rtes. 9 and 20 between roughly Boston and Worcester, Ma.,) I'll try to keep a camera in the car, and next time I see one of their cars going by, I'll make an effort to take a picture. With Rt. 9 being basically stopped from 6:30A.M.-6:30P.M., it shouldn't be too tough.

Charlie Larkin

Just like I thought, rich folk don't have to clean up their own messes? :lol: