Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blowing smoke.

But your lungs are taking a huge beating. And your arteries. And you're taking years off your life, and increasing your risk of getting cancer, emphysema and more. And stinking up the house.

But hey, as long as you like it... :D

.....You can have those years, wandering around wishing you were young? l'll just enjoy the good ones while they're here!

Well done Kev.

I've been off them myself (after 27 years) for 2 years 6 months & 21 days. Not that i'm counting. :unsure:

Notice how you used to live your life around smoking? How it controllled what you did & when you did it?

And the smell! DId I smell like that? Man you smokers stink.

I defend your right to do it. They're your lungs. But go and do it over there away from me.

Congratulations to all of you that have quit. God bless all of you that are trying.

I have been smoke free for about 20 years now, after 20+ years of smoking more than a pack a day. I quit cold turkey, I kept ice water handy and when I had the urge to smoke I would drink the water. I think it actually helped clean it out of my system.

I get a lot of guys looking to sell their collections and the first thing I ask is "Are they from a smoke free home", I want nothing to do with them if they are not.

Hang in there, You Can Do It!

Well done Kev.

I've been off them myself (after 27 years) for 2 years 6 months & 21 days. Not that i'm counting. :unsure:

Notice how you used to live your life around smoking? How it controllled what you did & when you did it?

And the smell! DId I smell like that? Man you smokers stink.

I defend your right to do it. They're your lungs. But go and do it over there away from me.

.....I know about the counting thing lol,I think it was part of the motivation for me,heck in the beginning I was counting the hours.......and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the smell,yeap.........but again I too believe its your right!!

Congratulations, it's hard to quit. I quit cold turkey myself 23 yrs ago when my son was born. I have no desire to ever start again. My wife told me one time kissing me was like kissing an ashtray. That's pretty gross.

Edited by 58 Impala

Ammonia: Household cleaner.

Arsenic: Used in rat poisons.

Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber.

Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid.

Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas.

Cadmium: Used in batteries.

Cyanide: Lethal poison.

DDT: A banned insecticide.

Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals.

Lead: Poisonous in high doses.

Formaldehyde: Used to preserve dead specimens.

Methoprene: Insecticide.

Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics.

Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs.

Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India, in 1984.

Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

Enjoy your ciggies

My folks went cold turkey about thirty years ago, following my dads heart attack at age 39. I have a huge amount of respect for them knowing the fortitiude it required to do so.

I have some pals that are now smoke free for several months now using the electronic inhalers. They love those things. I gotta admit they smell a lot better.

After cleaning up my parents ashtrays and getting stuck in a closed up car with them (they chain smoked when they drove), it cured me of ever wanting to try it myself.

With the way the AMA and the Govt dance back and forth, first saying things are bad for your health and then later saying everything is okay, I would not be a bit surprised to see tomorows news reading, "Govt Finds Smoking Perfectly Fine For Pregnant Asthmatic Moms"

With the way the AMA and the Govt dance back and forth, first saying things are bad for your health and then later saying everything is okay, I would not be a bit surprised to see tomorows news reading, "Govt Finds Smoking Perfectly Fine For Pregnant Asthmatic Moms"

But do not eat the eggs,red meat or the pork! This week anyway .

That'll never happen.