Model Cars Magazine Forum

How did I get signed up for this?

SO I came home from Camp Friday and my mother said this "Oh and Monday were getting your wisdom teeth removed".From what I've heard the stuff they give you makes you a little weird and crazy,so If I somehow get onto the forum and start talking gibberish,them I'm sorry.Also not looking forward to having to drink everything through a straw for a few days.

It all depends upon how (if) your wisdom teeth are impacted. If they have to do a lot of digging to get them out, you'll be hurting.

I had two removed which were no impacted, so it was easy and virtually pain free.

It's probably best NOT to get online and post when you're under the influence of anything prescribed. ;)

Do you have a problem with your wisdom teeth? If there isn't anything wrong with them and they are coming in okay there isn't a medical need remove them. The supposed need to remove all wisdom teeth is a falsehood perpetrated on the American public by the dental establishment, bilking families and insurance companies for millions every year.

Ah, I remember way back when I had my wisdom teeth pulled! 24 years ago, got a few days off work and some nice pain killers!

Had all 4 pulled at once, came out in whole pieces, and while it hurt for a couple of days, I was back to normal in no time.

The nitrous was the best part, the dentist was a family friend and he made sure I got enough to not feel a thing. I teased him about riding my motorcycle that day, something he didn't find funny until he saw my Mom in the waiting room to take me home!

As to Brian & George's comments, our dentist has said our 18 year old son does not need to have his wisdom teeth pulled, he was blessed with a big mouth!!! :D

Edited by mikemodeler

most likely you will go out and wake up in the next room. its not much trauma at that point. then you gotta let it heal and take care of your jaw and mouth for a while. but its worth it because they will just rot away and cause you a bunch of pain one day...so a little now vs a lot then. you will be eating ice cream for a week or so, which isnt all bad.

I had all four removed a few years ago and I was into my 40's. I was sedated, everything went perfect. I never even used the prescribed pain killers (even though I already bought them) because any discomfort was so mild an aspirin was all I needed and even that was probably only for two days. Sadly, I never got silly. Just napped away the afternoon. I'll second jbwelda. You'll be fine.

Actually Fat Brian is RIGHT on the money. UNLESS they are causeing you pain, or otherwise inflicting some kind of trauma to your Jaw/mouth there's REALLY no need to pull them! Oh except to pay for the dentists wife's implants!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::blink:

And his speed boat :lol: .

I had mine taken out back when I was 16. The doctor did it under a local, that started to wear off 1/2 way through. My younger sister had heres done the same day, but she got the local AND gas. We both got a prescription for pain meds, and both took one for the 45 mile ride home. The one pill I took was the only one I took. My sister on the other hand, took all of hers, AND ALL of MINE! I will admit to having an unnatrually high pain tolerance, though.

Follow the doctors orders, he's the professional the went through many years of schooling and experience, unlike all the "experts' here. Remember , everyone is different, the doctor knows this. My experience, I had one pulled when I was in the Navy. They asked me to go wait in the hall, I wondered what was going on, and ask when they were going to pull the tooth. They said they already pulled it. I didn't feel a thing. Good luck.

Well they came out good and they say the only cray I got was signing along to Pink Floyds "Comfortably numb" on the car ride home. :lol: So far no major pain,but I have lived off of applesauce and mashed potatoes for two days.It wasn't that bad,Still having a hard time sorting out the keys on the keyboard though. :blink:

If they gave you a narcotic painkiller like Percocet applesauce is a good thing to eat, you'll appreciate the mobility later. I didn't eat enough fiber after a surgery a few years ago while taking Percocet and about a week later I, well, let me just say, sandpaper softball.