Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

Hello.......thank you so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them........I made fire bottle and parachute pull cables and got them mounted.......electrical panel is installed ........I made some head protective padding.......engine, gas and oil tank installed with scratch made fittings........plumbing is finished.........steering column and speed-o is installed........thanks for looking.

DSCF4207.jpg

DSCF4179.jpg

DSCF4199.jpg

DSCF4180.jpg

DSCF4178.jpg

DSCF4175.jpg

you guys amaze me tackling a wiring project like this. How do you guys know where all the wires go etc. John keep up the the good work. I been building for over 40 years now don`t even come close to this. My hat goes off to.

John Pol

Hello......thank you all so much for the kind comments..........I got the nitrous valves and co2 bottle hooked-up........shift light on........I put on the breather tubes.......and put on the driver safety net........also last test fit for the body before primer........thanks for looking.

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4257.jpg

DSCF4266.jpg

DSCF4263.jpg

DSCF4260.jpg

DSCF4275.jpg

DSCF4276.jpg

DSCF4277.jpg

DSCF4278.jpg

John,

This build is out of this World mate. :o

The detail, simply put, is astounding......there, I'm lost work words really...... :blink: Every time I look at a photo, I see something else that stands out. GREAT work mate. 10/10 from me. :)

PS; I'll shoot you a PM with my address, just so you know where to send it when you're done. :D

John I think you must have broke some kind of record getting this pro mod together!!

Agreed, in quality and speed. B)

You do awesome work. I really like watching this come together. All details are just like 1:1 car has them. Can't wait to see that paint job.

Hello........thank you all for the very nice comments........I installed a "Pro Tech" MSD ignition box.......hooked-up the shut -off valve cable......I installed the rear chassis tail with the battery and it pivots.......... I also installed the wheel tubs and braces painted braces alclad and tubs H.O.K. black and clear coat.......also painted and weathered the exhaust pipes and got them installed.......I will wrap up the chassis tonight......thanks for looking.

DSCF4281.jpg

DSCF4299.jpg

DSCF4316.jpg

DSCF4323.jpg

DSCF4302.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

personally, I'm not a fan of the promod cars so the subject doesn't nothing for me.

But I will say wow, this thing looks incredible and I'm amazed on the speed in which it's come together.

You can't possibly be married or have kids. My hats off to ya.btw

Also, how do you attach the small brass brackets and such to a what I assume is a plastic frame work and hope they stay there once completed ?

Edited by gtx6970

i can build like this, but i prefer glue on my windows, orange peel in my paint and gaps in parts, and what fun is it when all 4 tires touch the ground at the same time.......

seriously, this is one amazing build and would really like to see this one in person.... truly outstanding!!