Model Cars Magazine Forum

T-RAT (T is for Turquoise) 1940 Ford Coupe by Revell

Dr. Cranky

Thanks for a prompt answer on that Doc,much appreciated :) Yeah,I DEFINTELY can't wait to get mine going :D It's gunna look as close to this as possible...

KustomCarzPoster2.jpg

I'm gathering parts as we speak,already found a close match tothe color in the Tamiya rattlecan isle,wheels,etc B)

(not soliciting or trolling for members to that place,notice I did not incluse a link,so I hoped it would be cool to post to show the car :) )

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Again, thanks to everyone for the comments and the inspiration.

Stephen, the wheels on that 40 Ford are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your rendition of it.

Your very welcome,well deserved (compliments),and thank you on the inspiration,my friend! I have a set of cast resin wheels-IF I CAN FIND EM-like those,and I'll probably use a pair of AMT drag slicks along with skinny wide whites up front,assuming they'll fit together without much fuss. Looks like I'll be trying to hand paint the flames,though,no stencils and no airbrush,LOL! :P

Reminds me of a '40 that was for sale when I was 16. They only wanted $60 and all it needed was some wiring work. My Dad vetoed the idea. I didn't have any source of income so this would have been my Dad's burden, but man I wanted it so bad.

Even though 60 dollars was quite a bit of money back then, it was still a great deal.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. A new project is now starting to form in the back of my mind. :D