Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar E-Type

martinfan5

I finally got this one finished up, this is a reissue of the Revell Jaguar, this kit was the Austin Powers Shaguar kit, I almost did do this one with the union Jack paint scheme, but decided a dark green was more fitting. Paint is Model Master Emerald Green Metallic lacquer . I have to say this is a very ill fitting kit, or I am not really good at building models , I wanted to just get it finished, and in my rushing, I manage to get super glue on the windscreen

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

j4.jpg

j5.jpg

j6.jpg

j7.jpg

j8.jpg

That looks pretty good to me! I do remember the windscreen being a complete pain, and it's always tough to know what to do with the body seams. The colour's great and the detail painting looks very nice. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the mirrors... I think they detract from the the sleek lines, myself...

If you want to do another, the Heller Coupe is a nice kit...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Sharp build and really nice detail.

Actually several detail mistakes. First-gen E-types had silver appliques on the center of the dash and the top of the console. The inside rear-view mirror was mounted on a vertical rod that ran from the windshield header to the dash in the middle of the windshield. And the forward portion of the front side marker lights was clear, the rest was amber.

interior.jpg

exterior.jpg

Ahh yes, I made a few mistake, in my defense, in alot of the reference pictures I used had an all black dash and same color top of center console as the interior . Now could be that I was using reference pictures from the wrong year and did not notice that.

Leave this to me not knowing a lot about the E-type jags,

Thanks for pointing that out Harry :huh:

All first-gen Es had the silver appliques on the dash and console. You might have been looking at photos of later year cars.

I am pretty sure you are right ;):D , here is one of the pictures I used for the interior, I am just going to post a link

http://www.google.co...29,r:5,s:0,i:89

Edited by martinfan5

That's definitely a later car. You can tell, not only because the silver applique is gone, but the seats are different. All first-gen cars had the seats like in your model... simple smooth cushions and the very thin and curved seatbacks.

But you model still looks cool. :D

Mistakes!? So what, It looks great to me. You did a fine job on that old kit. The British Racing green color was a great & traditional choice.

I think The kit was originally tooled in the 1960's, so those molds are a little old & worn.

Gunze Sangyo/Mr Hobby made 2 versions of the rag top EType Jag in 1/24. One was an all plastic curbside & they did a full detail multi Medea kit with a $100.00 price tag.