Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chrysler Windsor

Modlbldr

Joker

Thanks for that link. Those photos were helpful to determine the paint seperation lines of the white on the fins. I didn't have any rear 3/4 shots.

Later-

No...thank you for building a Kustom.

I got a thing for bodywork pics..

before the paint takes all the credit..hahaha

Love Rik's site. He has a lot of great kustoms.

I started slinging some putty on the body tonight. I can't wait to start sanding it down.

I also began putting the wheels together. I am using Modelhaus tires. I'm not sure of a number on them. They were marked 40 Merc. They were the closest I have to the picture. I had to sand down the backs of the wheels and the inside of the wheel backs to get them narrow enough for the tires.

More in the next few days.

Later-

Got a bit of sanding done this morning. The basic shape is coming along.IMG_20121029_064812.jpg

Lots of sanding and put tying to go. I sure hope this putty works. It is an OLD version of Ever coat that I got from a buddy's stash.

Thanks for the post in the General section on posting photos from an iPhone. It worked!!

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

I got a bit more sanding done tonight. I'll have to try a different putty on the rest of the body work. I was using some old putty that was a predecessor to Evercoat and part of it did not set up right and peeled off. I mag try it again and mix in a bit more hardener or just go with my old standby of Bond.

Anywho, I also got some mounting tabs sanded off of a few more parts and glued the headlight buckets on the body. Nothing exciting but all things that need done to progress.

Later-

• 3 weeks later...

This one was back on the bench tonight. I got all of the wheels put together and the fronts temporarily put in place. It looks as if they are not centered well. I may have to do some playing with that in the final stages.

IMG_20121125_235335.jpg

IMG_20121125_235357.jpg

The rears are assembled but I don't have the rear suspension painted yet.

I have drawn out the design for the door panels and started modifying them. I cut down the rear side panel/arm rests like what the 1:1 looks like.

IMG_20121125_235040.jpg

IMG_20121125_235206.jpg

Next will be to sand off the rest of the detail from the door panels in preparation for new details.

I still need to do a lot of putty work on the body, but it is getting closer. I now have my order into Modelhaus for the 50 Caddy rear bumper. I can' wait till it shows.

Thanks for checking in and let me know what you think.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

• 3 weeks later...

tom thats looking great nearly time for that top chop ! that going to be a bit of work B)

At the pace I' m moving that is a ways off, but I' all get there. Gotta get these fins and lower body roll done first. I'm gonna take some putty to work tonight to work on them during lunch.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Later-

Wow! Thanks for all of the wonderful encouragement guys.

Subscribed! Zocchi is one of my favorite commisioners. He has a great knack for transforming odd ball iron into unique sleds that just look and sit sooo right.

I agree with you, Albie. I really like his ideas and I've always wanted to build this car. I'm glad I have the chance to now.

I am working on lowering the front suspension and getting the rear suspension dialed in. I'm also going to do a bit more putty work on the body. Right now it's time for a quick nap in the recliner while the suspension dries. Check back later for photos.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr