Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hey Jim I haven't called yet since he is closed on sunday but he has 3 kinds. Coarse, medium, and fine. A suggestion though is when I came home my wife asked "Why didn't you tell me you needed nail files?" and hers are the same shape and she bought them at Walgreens.

Some Humbrol Coal Black and Satin White to do a white interior I'm planning for an upcoming model. I actually grabbed it last weekend, but never got around to posting it.

I keep hearing nice things about Humbrol paint, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Charlie Larkin

Got these two in a recent trade with Whale392. Thanks a lot! They're great.

DSCN3985.jpg

SARD Toyota Supra

DSCN3987.jpg

Stock Supra

I picked these two up at the Local Hobbytown today.

DSCN3989.jpg

Got it for $11.00

DSCN3990.jpg

DSCN3991.jpg

1990 Fujimi Toyota S800 for $13.00. I've never seen this before and it was just too neat to pass up. Can't wait to dig into it.

Later-

Simon- I'm sure you'll be seeing it in the Workbench section soon as it has been moved to the top of my list once I finish the VW.

Junkman- It is from Fujimi's Racing car Series. I don't know anything about the car itself. The kit only includes a driver's seat (Right hand drive) but does come with stock wheel covers along with the racing wheels. It also includes front and rear bumperettes, (Verticle bumpers rather than a long horizontal) two per end. Other than that, I don't see much for stock parts. The box shows three small picture -- the original race car, a picture of a Japanese driver, and a picture of his trophy case with his helmet. It is going to be a fun car to build.

Later-

Hey Brian - I'm back from the homeless shelter and on the way stopped at a Walgreen's and a CVS. The only sanding sticks they had were flattened out oval ones - no tapered ones. Thursday when I go to have the pool water tested I'll check at a different Walgreen's & CVS.

Taa Daa. My airbrush was delivered today. I ordered a Paasche H-Set, extra cover cap, and a qiuck disconnect from Chicago Airbrush. Theys ent me an HS-Set but the cover for an H. I talked with them and they're going to send me the HS cover cap. Very cool - the HS was a few dollars more than the H.

In the near future I expect to be posting my Badger 200 with extra glass jars, caps, quick disconnect, 10' braided hose, extra cover gaskets and siphon hoses.

The bad part is that I have to cook at the VFW tonight and go for some surgery tomorrow. I'll probably have to use Friday to recuperate so I won't get a chance to play with the new airbrush until Sunday or Monday.

A neighbor of mine seen me working on a truck and gave me a box of parts, rims,motors,exhaust,tires, etc a few parts in there. He said he has a few kits to go through once he looks them over he is going to send me the rest. Wooo gotta love the free stuff.

Great idea for a topic. I am sure I am not the only one who seems to have this, um, "need" to get stuff darn near daily.

Today I picked up a motor, rheostat ( maybe I needed a potentiometer) cheap remote control car (ok, I got the car yesterday) and some gears. Put it all together and I have the first mock up of an automated lift for a diorama build I plan to start soon.

P1030711.jpg

A JOB! Woohoo! I've been out of work for 5 weeks. It was really starting to get me down. The only time I've ever been out of work is when I came home from serving in Germany...but I was on 6 weeks of Terminal Leave (still getting paid) and found a job after a couple of weeks.

While unemployed, I didn't spend any money on hobby stuff just on principle. After getting the job, I went to the LHS and in the consignment section (a.k.a. "Gently used kits"), I found a Big Deuce for $60. I had a 20% off coupon, so I got it for $48. It's the recent issue with a flathead. The engine was painted and started, but then stripped. Not a bad deal, IMHO.

Edited by LDO

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...