Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I am positive that Yodel is the same one that I had in my watch list B) I worry we are going to end up aginst each other some time :lol:

For $27 plus shipping on the Yodel kit ,I couldn't help but bid on it, Excuse me , My wife bid on them both for me, She's trying to get me the whole collection of the yodel kits, The only ones i'm missing now is the CHP And the LACP Cars in this box art.The Dukes kit was warped ,But I fixed the body by putting some water in a container, Heated it up in the microwave for 5 minutes, Put the body in it for about 30 seconds, Then bent it back to shape, It looks perfect now.

Even though it's a little late, here is my Christmas haul, thanks to some gift certificates to my favorite hobby shop!

This was the only one Christmas morning, other than a digital fractional caliper I forgot to take a pic of.

HPIM2958.jpg

These were from the $45 in gift certificates.

HPIM2957.jpg

HPIM2960.jpg

These I picked up in addiction, whoops, addition to the gift certificate buys, I just couldn't pass up the deals!

HPIM2959.jpg

HPIM2961.jpg

The trailer, since the nice man at the hobby shop didn't want to try to put it back in it's place after checking the price for me, gave me a present of selling it for $30! As for the plow, I already had one I bought previously there, and at $27.48, I'd been crazy to pass on the other one! That was not a discount sale price either, that's their selling price! I bought both for less than retail for one kit! :lol:

HPIM2963.jpg

By the way, here's the caliper, I figured I'd take a couple quick pics! :lol:

HPIM2967.jpg

HPIM2965.jpg

It does the fractional and decimal measurements, and in both english and metric measurements.

In case any of you were wondering where to get one like this, I pointed this out to the mother in law's little elf (my better half :lol: ) at Lowe's. If I remember correctly, this 3 inch model is $19.99, and they have a 6 inch model for $29.99. The 6 inch one has already been planted in everyone's head for my birthday in February! :lol:

Erik,chrome looks good.

Brian and Steve,thanks,now I have another quest :lol:.

No kits but I picked up 3 shelving units,Workforce 4 shelf plastic for $20 a piece (Home Depot).

Had all my kits in Tupperware containers,which I liked cause they were safe,but bothered me that I couldn't see them :huh::lol:

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

I see now why I can't find a 69 Impala kit, :P:lol:

picked up a couple things today.

DSC02749.jpg

Tamiya yamaha YZF-R1 that i'm gonna build for my friend

Some tools

SMS carbon fiber 1/12 scale for a ducati desmosedici..

Galaxie Limited 1948 sedan delivery (can build as 46, 47, or 48) - took it out of the box to look at it. lots of neat details, and appears to look nice

& finally - the Piece de Resi - - - well, Let's just call it a Piece...

DSC04412.jpg

I think if you looked up "lowpoint in automotive design history" - This, uh, Washing machine on Wheels would be the definition.

Did they rip off the Delorean design, or vica versa? :)

Picked up a few later Mopars- Sealed inside 77 Monaco annual, built 78 annual, a couple built "Force 440's", and one of the few reasonably priced 75 Road Runners out there- also found a decent buy on a Sealed Fuzz Duster Volare

010-2.jpg?t=1294347009

Also a few inexpensive older MPCs (thirty bucks for the '71 GTX, complete with only the body painted, sixty for the 71 RR sealed inside, 99 cents plus shipping for the 78 Vettes) and a couple funky 70s buildups

008-3.jpg?t=1294347309

Erik,chrome looks good.

Brian and Steve,thanks,now I have another quest B).

No kits but I picked up 3 shelving units,Workforce 4 shelf plastic for $20 a piece (Home Depot).

Had all my kits in Tupperware containers,which I liked cause they were safe,but bothered me that I couldn't see them :lol:;)

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

When are you opening up shop I will be first in line ;) and thanks for showing so many cars maybe I can get my girlfriend to hush about me having just 29 kits.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...