Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Also got in my AMT Jaguar XJ220. Less than $10 including the shipping.

I got the same kind of deal on mine from e-bay. I'm surprised these things are going so cheap; it looks like an awesome kit. I think getting a clean installation on the glass is going to be challenging though.

I got the same kind of deal on mine from e-bay. I'm surprised these things are going so cheap; it looks like an awesome kit. I think getting a clean installation on the glass is going to be challenging though.

I only wish that this kit had been molded with clear glass instead of the smoky clear. It's still a nice kit. I built one way back when, but it went with my other kits.

I just got a new Mini Countryman so these came also to do a 1/24 and a hot rodded one ... along with an original Mini done up similar. The two bodies are in this image .. WoW that original one WAS mini! :)

I think that original Tamiya Mini is actually a little small for 1/24 scale, if I remember discussions about it. ROG is releasing another kit right now - supposed to be around real soon.

Since you posted your Countryman, I have been seeing that same color all over! That PE set looks really neat, too.

I think that original Tamiya Mini is actually a little small for 1/24 scale, if I remember discussions about it. ROG is releasing another kit right now - supposed to be around real soon.

Since you posted your Countryman, I have been seeing that same color all over! That PE set looks really neat, too.

I feel like I may have wasted my money on the PE set because the Tamiya kit is THAT good. The kit has a PE fret with all the logos already. The grills are cast with the openings open and look better than the multi-piece PE grill. I'll work up more comments once I start the build WIP here.

i bid on 20 back issues of mcm a month and a half after i paided for my mcm subscription. still no december issue. but i have something to keep me busy.

37DE9462-5B9D-4800-8232-EA1B92286F1E-245

also got this off ebay

4F884E99-5285-4CCA-AB39-20487841B986-245

seller said it was un-built and complet. pics were vague but i went on discription. turned out a poorly built glue bomb that was dipped in testors red (wind sheild and alll). a few trees away from complet but some kid killed this model 30 uears ago. hope i get my money back

$T2eC16Z,!)8E9s4l8BQ2BQ9fL9ZF7Q~~60_57.J$T2eC16F,!zcE9s4g0uu-BQ9Le3uel!~~60_57.Jm

I'm shocked! I love these old Heller Citroen trucks. I have them all but who can pass up an opportunity to get another copy? So I bid reasonably often, but never win. So imagine my surprise that I won two of them in separate auctions today. The Normandy for $16.50 and the Bordens truck for $22.72. I lost the Hotel Taxi short bus version which sold for around $50. That's okay! Now to go sit out by the mailbox!

Sure like them kits....Well i like the Heller Kits.....But those subjects you have there are Very Nice.....it's what i like..

Glad you won them.....If you grow old of them....or what ever...let me know...tee he..

Cheers...Don aka XJ6

Don- I got the Normandie as a parts car. I want to use the wheels and tires on another build. I may ask Al Raab if he can cast them since they're pretty unique kit wise. The drivetrain and chassis would be cool on a rat rod project since they're odd. I wasn't going to take anything out of a kit when I only had one of them!

Erik- Beware of the Hotel Taxi. The one I have has issues with the bus body. Loads of sink marks on the outside where there is detail on the inside. It looked like enough of a pain that it would be easier for me to scratch build the body, using the kit part as a pattern.

Still, I love those old Hellers! They are detailed with a lot of chassis parts, kinda spindly like the old Revell kits! I am watching to score one of those old Mercedes panels like Richard showed us recently.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Busy day, Neighbor gave me some tools, he feels at his age he won't be doing any more right jobs or tune ups, so he thought I may have a use for them, My old Shop Teacher/Friend gave me two Mopar Racing shirts like the one below, He used to work for Chrysler Corp, and was sponsered by Durham Dodge Chrysler, Then I got the AMT '95 Blazer from my friends stash sealed for $10, magazines were going to hit the trash bin. Also got my Tampo Printed Whitewalls from Revell Today.

GEDC4373.jpg

GEDC4372.jpg

GEDC4371.jpg

GEDC4370.jpg

GEDC4369.jpg

GEDC4374.jpg

Nick

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...