Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

well it was a few days ago, and I had to renegotiate the deal, and clean it up, order some parts.

P1010010-2.jpg

It checks out okay and I need a few more parts but the price was right.

very nice Cal! i'd love to get a machine like that and start making pieces for myself.

Dave

Thanks, it wasn't so nice looking when I first opened the box though.

They are blowing a bunch of retuned and damaged machines on Ebay, so you can nab one pretty cheap, I got mine of under $200 ($165) and had to put a little work and some new parts into it to make it an like new machine, which goes for $450.

So these are Johnny Lightnings which I normally don't buy but check these out! They are models!! Vintage boxes and the Label is sprue style. All the sides of the model boxes are as the original. There is 4 in the set so I need the Gremlin funny car to finish it. MiniCyclone.jpgminiGTO.jpgminiblazer.jpgminiboxes.jpg

Thanks, it wasn't so nice looking when I first opened the box though.

They are blowing a bunch of retuned and damaged machines on Ebay, so you can nab one pretty cheap, I got mine of under $200 ($165) and had to put a little work and some new parts into it to make it an like new machine, which goes for $450.

WHOA cal that bad buddy

So these are Johnny Lightnings which I normally don't buy but check these out! They are models!! Vintage boxes and the Label is sprue style. All the sides of the model boxes are as the original. There is 4 in the set so I need the Gremlin funny car to finish it. MiniCyclone.jpgminiGTO.jpgminiblazer.jpgminiboxes.jpg

you got a great deal on those dude i mean i have a Hawaiian Charger different set i think and a 65 Charger

Just picked this up today...I remember building one when I was a kid. After doing some reading on the model I found out the old kits go for around 300.00 bucks. Dang...where did I put that thing? Anyhow I have only found one post on here for a build and it's not finished yet but I like the color scheme in panzer grey. Hope to see that one finished. I probably won't get to this until winter sets back in, right now we are in construction season here at my house which is going to consume all my free time. But I'm chompin at the bit to start it.

IMG_0744.jpg

i went to a craigslist thing today up in denver.

picked up a 59 impala hard top (yay!) and some tamiya kits - the toyota supra, lotus europa special, and mustang cobra r

I exchanged emails with that guy in Denver. LOL...I couldn't get him to deal the whole lot. He has some decent kits there.

I bought an AMT '60 Starliner (the round 2 reissue), and the new reissue of the '51 Chevy drop top. I also ordered a Jimmy Flintstone '51 Buick body, '51 Nash sedan delivery, and an R&R '56(? looks more like a '57 to me) International pickup. Still waiting for the esteemed Mr. Jeff Ballard (wonder if he's related to Bob?) to send the International Metro. AND- I got a pair of new front tires for the front of my car. Huh. No wonder I've got serious money trouble!

So these are Johnny Lightnings which I normally don't buy but check these out! They are models!! Vintage boxes and the Label is sprue style. All the sides of the model boxes are as the original. There is 4 in the set so I need the Gremlin funny car to finish it.

I picked up the Boondocker one last summer because I was building the rereleased version of that kit.

i was busy at work googling stuff. i got to looking and found the tamiya Ferrari F-40 race car sponsored by Shell - for only 25 bucks direct from Tamiya. so i purchased it.

if anybody wants a good deal on the kit, do a google search for Ferrari F40 Competizione - Monte Shell and click on "shopping" and you'll see it for sale for about 28 bucks brand new. it also includes the photo etch set and some other goodies.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=24284

It wasn't today, but last week I got a factory sealed Midnight Cowboy wrecker from ebay for only $25.00 ($35.00 counting shipping), not a bad deal considering I've seen them going for $50-$100 sometimes, and some of the open kits go for more than I paid for the sealed kit.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...