Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just went round the corner to the car shop and picked up these.

Picture249.jpg

Also i have some clear coat iv not used yet, when i say some.....

Picture250.jpg

Carplan has better clear then hycote but hycote has better colour and primer, i just looked at the can and realised something...

Picture251.jpg

so il shoot a coat on the mustang project and see how it turns out.

6 inches of water from heavy rains in the basement.

Yep, that's where the kits are.....

Bought a ShopVac.

Sorry to hear about the basement, Pat! :D I hope you get things cleaned up and the water didn't damage anything important, kits or otherwise.

6 inches of water from heavy rains in the basement.

Yep, that's where the kits are.....

Bought a ShopVac.

Ugh, the down side to having a basement.

Well, now ya know how high off the floor to build shelves?

We had 70degrees yesterday and Down pour of rain all night and its still raining.

Yep, that's water streaming out of that kit box. Plenty more as well. :P<_<

flood6june10025-vi.jpg

B):lol: I hate to see that! :(:( I noticed in that pic, though, in the shelf directly behind the Ford kit that's crying, if there are decals damaged in any of those, I have some of those kits. If you have a way to print decals, I will be more than happy to scan the decal sheets for you or if they are deacls I'm not going to use, send them to you. If you can after you get the water cleaned up, put a post in the Wanted section of the kits you lost decals to, I'm sure not just me would be happy to help you recover the lost decals.

:P<_< I hate to see that! B):lol: I noticed in that pic, though, in the shelf directly behind the Ford kit that's crying, if there are decals damaged in any of those, I have some of those kits. If you have a way to print decals, I will be more than happy to scan the decal sheets for you or if they are deacls I'm not going to use, send them to you. If you can after you get the water cleaned up, put a post in the Wanted section of the kits you lost decals to, I'm sure not just me would be happy to help you recover the lost decals.I know this sounds like alot of work,But make sure you get ALL of you chrome parts dry,Or they will be useless,Sorry to see this!

Pat,

That sucks. I know first hand, our finished basement has been flooded twice. With raw sewage. Of course, that was a long time ago. Hope you can salvage anything valuable. Perhaps people here can donate replacement boxes to you as they build their kits?

Edited by Jon Cole

Pat,

That sucks. I know first hand, our finished basement has been flooded twice. With raw sewage. Of course, that was a long time ago. Hope you can salvage anything valuable. Perhaps people here can donate replacement boxes to you as they build their kits?

Been there too, when I was younger on several occasions, my folks had to force the city to tear down the tree causing it!

Pat I am sorry to hear about this. :(

I have my more pricey models in a rubbermaid,I have to work on getting more.My hobby room is in my garage which gets water occasionally.

I'm sorry to see that happened to you. That's exactly why I keep as many of my kits as possible in Rubbermade type containers :(:o

Pat I am sorry to hear about this. :(

I have my more pricey models in a rubbermaid,I have to work on getting more.My hobby room is in my garage which gets water occasionally.

I keep alot in a storage area down the road from home, so between those being sturdier than cardboard boxes and not being able to stop by all the time to look into how they are doing, that was the best thing to do. Just keep an eye out for them on sale at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, K-Mart, ect and look for the ones in the 18-30 gallon range, those seem to fit a decent number of kits, IIRC around 6-9 conventional sized model boxes should fit nicely.

Looks like about 100 kits are water damaged in some way, shape or form.

Emptied a 5 gallon ShopVac 11 times.

Luckily, I keep the donor kits down low on the shelves and they are MOST of the damaged kits. Some newer buys which had not made it to the shelves yet are wet as well.

Oh well..... No loss of life.

Material goods can be replaced.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...