Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The local model show netted me all of this. I went for quantity over rarity so for the little money I had I came out with a bunch of stuff. Also a shout out to route66modeler. I met him at the show and two of these were his.

modelbuy-1.jpg

Careful on the 63 mustang 2 concept. I was dry fitting mine today and its going together all right but a poor casting. To much to trim off and the back driver lower panel is short, and the hood is a tight fit. I have not made it past the trunk doors and hood.

half day off work due to a nasty cold

I left work early today as well due to a cold.

Then when the mail came I started feeling better as my decal load from SprintGraphix arrived. Sadly I also found out that I probably received one of the last orders as the business has now shut down and will no longer be producing sprint car decals as the person doing it ran out of Alps supplies.

On the budget side- got all this for about fifty bucks plus shipping from that auction site (also got a new camera but need some more practice with it to get my own decent pics so used ones from there)

Built up MPC '78 'Vette

(I still remember having to ride around crammed in one of these with my parents and sister when I was 12 or so- the new '84 Cavalier 4 door it was traded in on was actually a big improvement)

DCP82253.jpg

Mint '78 Volare promo

$(KGrHqJ,!mIE2EW0cs8OBNtNvGL+Ig~~_12.JPG

Finally got some missing parts for some built up Volares I've had for some time- one needed a hood, the other a front bumper/grille

$(KGrHqF,!lsE2FV86FLwBNtI12TcDw~~_12.JPG

MPC '80 Camaro annual- one of the years I was missing

468492397_o.jpg

And another one of these ugly things- "accidently" won for a low starting bid and arrived packed with a '77 Corvette brochure as a bonus

$(KGrHqMOKn!E2eoyqyCbBNtLbb,p8w~~_12.JPG

Are you starting this soon? Please Please post a WIP.

Build a truck model?

IDK.. But I may Fondle it a bit now and then tho :D:lol:

For tuffone20

I'm with Nick on this one. :lol: :lol:

For Casey

Since were all adults here :angry::lol:

Figured I could use my 1:1 name here too but my name and Name and last initial was used, I figured

I'd use my 1:1 name and Half my Last.

Works well, don't it? :lol:

O yaa, I'm bad ;):lol:

Edited by RodneyBad

One I've wanted for a long, long time... MPC '77 Chevette! And this was an IMPULSE buy I picked up from Dean's simly because I happened to notice he had one on the shelf!

kits001-vi.jpg

The real reason I was at Dean's was to get THIS...

AMT1962LincolnContinental001-vi.jpg

Original AMT '62 Lincoln Continental annual kit. Yep, it has a thick layer or ten of black brush paint on it, the front and rear roll pans have been installed, the Go-Kart bonus parts are long gone, :( , needs some bodywork and the b-pillars put back in, and it's missing a few little parts here and there, but still reasonably complete, and very buildable!

Now I just need a '61, '63, '64, '67, and '68, and I'll have one of every Lincoln Continental produced in the '60's. :D

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...