Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

WOW. you have a hobby shop that still has Tamiya primer? I want to live near you.

No I picked this stuff up from the daughter of one of our club members that passed away a few months ago. :( And he used to work at a hobby shop and had a lot of Tamiya primer!! I just brought 4 of them and there must have been something like 15 to 20 cans of this stuff there so I left some for the other club members that will be going there tomorrow & Sunday.

Edited by tuffone20

No I picked this stuff up from the daughter of one of our club members that passed away a few months ago. :( And he used to work at a hobby shop and had a lot of Tamiya primer!! I just brought 4 of them and there must have been something like 15 to 20 cans of this stuff there so I left some for the other club members that will be going there tomorrow & Sunday.

Oh geez. I feel like a tool. Glad to see the stuff going to other builders though.

With so many different kits out there, why would anybody want so many of the same one?

Jim my answer would be, there's a world of possibilities with the aftermarket, and our parts boxes, each of my builds is a mix of the kit, my parts box, and some aftermarket somewhere in it, plus most kits are 2 in 1's and have 2 diffrent ways to build them in every box.

Anywho got a few things:

Revellogram '32 Fords

ProTech Radiator hose, Cast Metal Holley's (which are to large for my Street Hemi, darn :angry:

and Model Car Garage Throttle Return springs, '32 5-Window detail set and Cast metal alternators

FILE0533.jpg

FILE0536.jpg

FILE0535.jpg

FILE0537.jpg

Nick

With so many different kits out there, why would anybody want so many of the same one?

Jim, just from my experience, I've bought multiples for many reasons. In some cases, as with the 5 AMT Coronet Pro Streets on the shelf now and probably 6 others I had in my collection before losing them in a fire, I bought all of those mainly for the engines and tires. The 4 or 5 Lindberg Crown Victorias and (as of now) 2 Lindberg Dodge Charger police cars are for different law enforcement agency builds, and possibly in the case of the Crown Vics and the spare lightbars in the Chargers, parts since the Chargers already have 7 unused lightbars and if I don't use the equipment from the Vics, more emergency equipment for the parts box. :D

That's just a small sample of the multiples I have for different reasons, and that's not counting the 2 to 3 dozen Dale Earnhardt kits I have multiples of for use with just about as many aftermarket decal sheets of different paint schemes! :D

You better not buy them all, leave some for me!!! B):lol::D

No!!! They're mine! All mine!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! 14.gif

Got this in the mail today...

1971Thunderbird.jpg

I want to build it because I drove a 1971 Thunderbird to take my first driving test to get my license.

Edited by Custom Hearse

Got another MPC '70 Challenger annual- they just seem to look so much better than the other kits of this subject

016-2.jpg?t=1305573057

Also got an MPC '74 Corvette convertible and '80 Camaro- not particularly exciting cars but they were "holes" in my "collection"

033.jpg?t=1305573106

The new '51 Henry J came today in the mail. Got a few bottles of Testor's paint and some Evergreen at the LHS. Hobby Lobby had the usual garbage selection so the 30% off sale was useless for me. I did get a package of round storage units though for the 25% off. And I stopped at Home Depot and bought a Dremel Stylus.

Edited by crazyjim

Picked this up at AC Moore with a 40% off coupon. I like this airbrush because it uses one needle and tip set up to from a 2mm line to 3" wide due th the double grind angles on the needle tip. It feels good in hand. It's the Badger 155 Anthem.

001557.jpg

Edited by 935k3

I finally got around to picking up a Streetburner Revell '79 Camaro 3-in-1 to go with my recent Firebird/Trans-Am run of models lately.

revell-1979-camaro-z28.jpg

And while I was surfing Ebay for rare model kits, I couldn't believe my luck....

1305638405698.jpg

All parts look to be still sealed in bags, so I can't wait to get started on it!

I offically hate you James!!! B);):rolleyes:

Of course if I'd drag myself out to the hobby shop, maybe I'd have my Lonestar by now too! B)

I just went for some Testors One Coat Purple-licious and Wet Look Clear for my daughter's next project, and it followed me home. Freaking box is HUGE! It dwarfs my Dell laptop in the background.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...