Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I haven't built a model for about twenty years and just received this in the mail today... was really quite excited when I got home and the box had arrived!

tamiya-jordan-191.jpg

Now, I just need to get all the tools, paint and other bits and pieces which I'm now discovering (from browsing this site) I'll probably need to put the thing together properly! :)

Good for you...Enjoy and have Fun ;)

Got this in the mail a couple weeks ago. Read all the way through it in one sitting and it stays on my coffee table for frequent browsing. Absolutely love this book! Lots of inspiration, eye candy, tips, tricks, and over-all modeling goodness. Thanks Dr. Cranky for being who you are and inspiring so many to just build models and try new things. I couldn't stop talking about this book and Dr. Cranky to my wife (she thought I was a lil nutzo!)

photo.jpg

where can I buy this book?

I had a 95 Monte Carlo Z34 and man would that sucker run! 3.4 liter DOHC, dual exhaust, painted color-matched wheels. It was rough in some areas but it was alright. I ripped off the rear mufflers and straight-piped it. Later traded it in on a Kia Sportage..........big mistake.

I bought some basic tools and paint etc today to make a start to the Jordan 191 I got during the week.... (picture on page 232)

As it's my first for years, about 20 or so, would you guys recommend using a spray can for the bodywork (I'm going to hold off on an airbrush until I see how the first few go I think!) I'm guessing doing larger sections with a brush would be likely to leave brushmarks?

I'm a complete noob so any advice appreciated...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...