Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I have thought about getting that Z8 kit, but heard its not a great kit, maybe you will build it in the CBP so I can see it :lol: , I have always like the Stealth, the AMT stealth kits are pretty decent as well.

Here is what I got today, Revell C6 R vette, I knew it was a curbside, but wow, what a waste of a kit for the most part, glad I only paid $14.99 for it. Oh well, still going to build it, hoping to have done for this weekends 24 hour Le Mans race.

p1-13.jpg

Today, in the mail I got a proper 6-speed manual transmission for an LT4 Corvette engine, along with some other engine pieces and decals for my 1996 Grand Sport build. Thank you so much TurboKitty! The Monogram kit, for some reason, comes with an automatic transmission for this kit which is completely wrong as the Grand Sport was NEVER offered with an automatic transmission. But now I have the proper tranny for this kit and it's going to turn out wonderful.

the Z8 has some design quirks. If you glue the rear lower pan on prior to painting you really have to work to get the body over the chassis i remember. The interior has lots of room for detail though which is a plus.

That C6 has NO ENGINE at all?? the C5 engine is great. If you got some leftovers to trade you can have my chassis and engine pieces from the C5 if it fits under the 6 body jon

the Z8 has some design quirks. If you glue the rear lower pan on prior to painting you really have to work to get the body over the chassis i remember. The interior has lots of room for detail though which is a plus.

That C6 has NO ENGINE at all?? the C5 engine is great. If you got some leftovers to trade you can have my chassis and engine pieces from the C5 if it fits under the 6 body jon

I took a part one of the first C5 kits Revell did, and have been playing around with test fitting the different parts on the C6-R

AH okay im surprised it has no engine. that doesn't make for a good race car kit.

Me too, seeing how the C5 ones do, I am taking a guess, but it has all the signs of Revell made the tooling from a diecast of one. I bet if you were to look at a diecast of the C6, it would match the Revell kit. The only nice thing about the kit is the body

I know its just model cars, but thats a travesty. That should have been sold in stores for ten bux tops. Some of the most fun of a race car kit is the 'race' engine. Let me know how the guts of the c5 fit under that body i like the 6 body and with revell re releasing the 5 lately it'll gimme a chance to bash.

I know its just model cars, but thats a travesty. That should have been sold in stores for ten bux tops. Some of the most fun of a race car kit is the 'race' engine. Let me know how the guts of the c5 fit under that body i like the 6 body and with revell re releasing the 5 lately it'll gimme a chance to bash.

There is no way I would of paid some of the price's this kit as been going for, $14.99 was ok, the decal sheet is nice though.

Yeah good thinkin, i cant wait to get another c5

I tried to test fit the body of the C6 R on the C5 R chassis, no go, you need to make some mods to get it to fit, but I think it will be wroth while though, we really need to start the race car CBP, we can talk about it on FB

Wow , that was interesting . . . at least now I know not to buy the C6 R . Thanks guys .

Delivered today by the USPS is something I've been wanting for a long time . A magnifying lamp with a 3X lens in it . If you are familiar with these , you know the spring balanced ones can go for more than $100 bucks . This was sold as a new - not working lamp .

000_0016.jpg

I found a wire pulled out of the switch ! Fifteen minutes later I have a lamp that cost me $14 dollars .

Even with glasses I have trouble sometimes , so I really like this !

I couldn't hot rod that nice green promo that I bought, so I got this instead:

P6120040.jpg

P6120042.jpg

This kit comes with all kinds of strange options, like three engines, an engine display stand, and crazy decals. It also came with a tree from an AMT '70-'71 Torino and a stock Maverick hub cap. It did not, however, come with a rear bumper... so I have to try to find that.

-MJS

I have thought about getting that Z8 kit, but heard its not a great kit, maybe you will build it in the CBP so I can see it :lol: , I have always like the Stealth, the AMT stealth kits are pretty decent as well.

Here is what I got today, Revell C6 R vette, I knew it was a curbside, but wow, what a waste of a kit for the most part, glad I only paid $14.99 for it. Oh well, still going to build it, hoping to have done for this weekends 24 hour Le Mans race.

Watch the ride heght and note how the front left wheel is not centered in the wheel opening without some modification, I have seen allot these built without fixing those two things. The driver pairing decals are not right for Lemans and should be cut apart and grouped per the car number you do. It looks like this kit was based on the presentation version not the Lemans version. I had to make decals for the missing rear side marker lights and the exhaust shield should be a rectangle not teardrop shaped.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...