Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

I think that both options could work well. I see the advantages to multiple rounds of voting, but I also see the advantages of having a single round as well. Whatever we do, a decision needs to be made so we can get the voting underway. I'm fine with whatever is chosen, I'm just an impatient person! :lol:

A few of us have done some brainstorming. Nick will make his final decision, but if he goes with what we discussed I think everyone will be pleased.

2014 will be the 7th running of the Cannonball CBP and was originally started on the other magazine forum. Since coming to MCM out participation has tripled. We see more builders interested every year. This years field of 22 racers on the starting line is a record for the CBP and I personally hope it continues to grow.

I'm pretty sure I'll be participating next year.

Edited by Jantrix

A few of us have done some brainstorming. Nick will make his final decision, but if he goes with what we discussed I think everyone will be pleased.

2014 will be the 7th running of the Cannonball CBP and was originally started on the other magazine forum. Since coming to MCM out participation has tripled. We see more builders interested every year. This years field of 22 racers on the starting line is a record for the CBP and I personally hope it continues to grow.

Can't wait , I have some new ideas just hope they will fit the theme ,

Thank you Rob! I appreciate your guidance and assistance in making this year a success and in Making next year Even bigger and better.

So far this year plan is to let the poll Run till Sunday December 22nd, then I'll sift through and find the winner, make the final congratulatory post in this topic of said winner.

Then on the 24th (yes Christmas eve,) I will start the topic for the 2014 Run and announce our theme or style. As with Every year January 1st 2014 will be the Start!

I want to thank everyone for their continued support and help to make this year one of the best Cannonball's in History, I look forward to the trash talk and idea's for 2014!

Nick

Okay, the votes are in, There was a total of 71 members who voted, and here's the top 5 calculated by total number of votes.

1st place goes to "None of the above"

Just kidding folks.

1st place goes to Road Runner 79 for his '71 Duster 340!

2nd place goes to some guy I never heard of with a '57 Bel Air?

3rd place goes to 64SS350 with the De Tomaso Pantera GTS!

4th was Tie Between maltsr's '65 Mustang and JM485's ACR Viper!

and last but not least kekefe's '66 Shelby GT 350R

Congrat's everyone.

Nick

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82840&hl=

Congratulations Pat! It's one of the finest rolling rust buckets I've ever seen, above and beyond amazing job on it. And to everyone else, we may not have won the popularity vote but I think we're all still winners for making it to the start line. Amazing entries everyone!

And a big thanks to Nick for running it this year and next year, you done good.

I look forward to seeing you all there next year and all the shenanigans that will surely follow.

Edited by TFchronos

A belated congrats to Pat, Nick and all those who outraced the other noble contenders. For all those who didn't make it to the start line, if you choose to finish them I'd sure like to see a final shot here of how they ended up.

Edited by Lunajammer

A belated congrats to Pat, Nick and all those who outraced the other noble contenders. For all those who didn't make it to the start line, if you choose to finish them I'd sure like to see a final shot here of how they ended up.

Agreed. Thanks for organizing the whole thing Nick, it went really well and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Congrats to everyone who finished and good luck for next year!