Model Cars Magazine Forum

´69 Yenko Nova

Stuntman Mike

Hi

This is my ´69 Yenko Nova from Revell. It was built like a ride that I´ve seen in a car magazine. To match the reference, I added parts from the other Revell Nova kits. The cowl hood is from the SS kit, the grille and rear panel/bumper came from the COPO kit and the stripes on the hood are from the Yenko Camaro kit. The rims were from a Revell ´69 Corvette IIRC. Here´s some pics:

6637393062323036.jpg

6331343931353961.jpg

3836346130306636.jpg

6433643366373065.jpg

6538613633653665.jpg

3734666164303232.jpg

3436663364613662.jpg

3530336133633538.jpg

3631646534316164.jpg

6166383833646137.jpg

The paintjob was done with Ferrari-red and clear enamels from Revell. The model was not weathered as the reference car came along in a top notch concours condition.

Comments and critics are welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

Looks Great Kevin, paint and detail look wonderful. The only thing I see to change, if you feel like it, is the heater hose at the front of the intake should go to the top side of the water pump and there should be a small hose from the top of the water pump to that area of the intake.

fFvDWgBmEKGrHgoOKjEEjlLmY6sPBKcyV37qJ_41

Edited by oldnslow

The ONLY GLAREING mistake is NOT YOURS!!! It's the way Revell DID NOT do the rear tailight valance on this beautiful car properly. It SHOULD be angled bacK into the body, with the top leading edge sticking out farther than the bottOm edge. I've done this mod to both Nova's I've built, and added the mod to two more that I plan to build. It's just a shame that Revell spent ALL that money to do ANOTHER Nova, then screw up on this little but VERY NOTCEABLE TRAIT!(iF YOU owned ONE, YOU SAW IT immediately!!!!!) YOU did GREAT job on this one!

Edited by george 53

The ONLY GLAREING mistake is NOT YOURS!!! It's the way Revell DID NOT do the rear tailight valance on this beautiful car properly. It SHOULD be angled bacK into the body, with the top leading edge sticking out farther than the bottOm edge. I've done this mod to both Nova's I've built, and added the mod to two more that I plan to build. It's just a shame that Revell spent ALL that money to do ANOTHER Nova, then screw up on this little but VERY NOTCEABLE TRAIT!(iF YOU owned ONE, YOU SAW IT immediately!!!!!) YOU did GREAT job on this one!

That was one flaw of many in the body proportions ..........

Looks Great Kevin, paint and detail look wonderful. The only thing I see to change, if you feel like it, is the heater hose at the front of the intake should go to the top side of the water pump and there should be a small hose from the top of the water pump to that area of the intake.

fFvDWgBmEKGrHgoOKjEEjlLmY6sPBKcyV37qJ_41

I agree ......................... the little hose from the water pump to the intake is a stat bypass. If it is omitted on a 1-1 car no big deal. A trick is to drill holes in the flange of the stat. if you can not get the hose to fit with various intake/water pump combos.

Thanks for the kind words guys!!!

The issues with the heater hoses are already on my list. I realized it after the build was finished. I´ve used just the single pic from the magazine as a reference. Due to a bad angle photography I connected one of the hoses to wrong spot of the engine.

The issues with the body is a sad thing for sure. But it still is a very nice new tool kit. And this model in particular provides one of the biggest varieties from mild to wild for the scale modeling folks. So it should just be enjoyed as it is. Not perfect but a blast to build.