Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Plymouth Hemi GTX

mrmike

Thank you guys for the nice comments! After posting the pictures of the GTX, I noticed the sloppy job I did on the rear panel, so I removed the panel, cleaned up the slop and re-installed the panel.

Beautiful car, how did you get the wheels to fit on it? I have some that I want to put on my dart

I got the wheels to fit by drilling out the wheel mount until the wheel fit over the axle stubs. I had to trim the flange on the brake rotors so the wheel would fit as close to the suspension as possible.

May I ask what base color under the orange or just grey sealer? On my super bee I am going this color and may try a gold base

I primered the body with Krylon white primer and then painted the body with Testors Fiery Orange One Coat Lacquer. I used no base color. The Fiery Orange is a very metallic color with lots of pigment. I didn't like this paint when I first bought it several years ago and after talking with other builders who have had issues with this paint like I had, I decided to change way I sprayed by using more mist coats and gradually built up the color. I didn't use any gloss coat, but I did give the paint a light polishing with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0.