Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Customer Service

Major Kudos go to Revell For Customer service !! Sunday I found ot about Revell offering replacement tires for the Olds so I did the process to get them. Expected at least a Month turn around. Got the tires today .... 5 business days later Stuff like this is why I think they are one of the best Modeling companies around

Stuff like this is why I think they are one of the best Modeling companies around

I agree. I've used their replacement parts service quite a few times.

Plus they make some really great kits!

If given the choice between Revell or another company's kit of the same subject, I always prefer Revell.

Edited by dmk

Next to IKEA, Revell has absolutely the best spare parts replacement policy I have ever come across. I wrote them, in need of a few new parts which I broke customizing... Since it was my own mistake I could no longer use the parts originally purchased with the model, I emailed the Revell German office with an inquiry if I could buy specific replacements only directly from them. They asked me to send them my address, and I received the exact requested parts several weeks later, without any kind of charge (not even shipping). Very impressive service, which additionally inspires me to buy their fantastic product evermore :D

Guest G Holding

Major Kudos go to Revell For Customer service !! Sunday I found ot about Revell offering replacement tires for the Olds so I did the process to get them. Expected at least a Month turn around. Got the tires today .... 5 business days later Stuff like this is why I think they are one of the best Modeling companies around

Whats the deal ? A problem with the tires or printing ?

Thanks.

I have went though them twice. Once for a Camaro body that was a short shot. Never a question or issue.

Easy and quick unlike the gauntlet at Round 2!

Guest G Holding

Greg, The first run of the kits did not include the tampo printed tires, just plain black wall tires.

Ahhh..Gotcha . Thanks Kris !

I'll add my 2 cents here as well.

I have used their customer service on a few occasions and received nothing but the best service one could expect. Several years ago I picked up a Revell 69 Camaro and tossed it on my stash. A year or two went by and I had the urge to build a Camaro I opened my kit and to my surprise the rear quarter panel on the drivers side was mostly missing. Kinda looked like the styrene didn't flow in the mold properly.

Anyway, a quick call to Revell and a few laughs with their customer service rep. and a replacement kit was sent my way.

There are many companies who could learn a thing or two from Revell about customer service.

With Revell and Moebius hitting them out of the park on new kits,

and Revell and Round2 scoring big with great reissues,

and the awesome customer service of Revell and Moebius,

is there any question that this is the newest, greatest Golden Era of the Auto Modeling Hobby???

B)

I got a small box of awesome from Revell today. They sent me three sets of whitewall tires for the 1950 Oldsmobile kits that I have that didn't have them. Outstanding customer service from the people at Revell. It was less than a week from when I filled out the online parts request form to the time these tires were at my door.