Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone been watching street outlaws?

Didn't they have a dog birthday party on that show ? Thats some high drama right there ! Some cool cars but I don't care for the show much.

My kitty was jealous. She looked at me with big sad eyes, as if to say "why didnt I get a party?" She is now holding a huge grudge. Fortunately she hasn't seen the dog riding along with farmtruck.

I admit I have watched it, it is a bit cheesy, but I love fast cars, as mentioned earlier, I would love to see Larson in his REAL STREET LEGAL nova show up there, he would DRIVE up with his TRAILER hooked to the rear bumper and stomp a mud hole in all of them! Larson's car has went 6.94 and the drove 150 miles to the next track and done it again!! if they are street legal, why don't they drive them to the races!!

but I probably still watch it lol, just my 2 cents

Its an alright show. I dig the cars. I have known about the farm truck for awhile, and Big Chief was on Pinks before. My girlfriend hates the show as it glorifies street racing, which I have been guilty of and she does not approve. It may be scripted but it is sort of close to how the life style is. The ranking thing makes me chuckle... seems like a real life video game. And to all or you that mentioned the cars that compete in Hot Rod Magazines pump gas drags unlimited class... you guys are right. Those are REAL street cars. It would be interesting to see the cars on the show which all but Murder Nova rely on Nitrous to run some 10.5 Outlaw cars with massive boost

I admit I have watched it, it is a bit cheesy, but I love fast cars, as mentioned earlier, I would love to see Larson in his REAL STREET LEGAL nova show up there, he would DRIVE up with his TRAILER hooked to the rear bumper and stomp a mud hole in all of them! Larson's car has went 6.94 and the drove 150 miles to the next track and done it again!! if they are street legal, why don't they drive them to the races!!

but I probably still watch it lol, just my 2 cents

Larson would spank the murder nova hands down

The cars are nice but to me, this show was executed poorly. First in foremost, if you're doing something that justifies calling yourself a dumbarse, maybe you shouldn't do it. Also, I feel that this show will start something like the Fast And The Furious series did. "Oh okay, so if I street race really fast cars then I too can get a/ be on a show." I know there are groups being created on Facebook for other staes that are now claiming to be the fastest cars in the nation and are planning on challenging these guys. The concept is nice, but even if it is scripted, they should not claim that they race "Illegally on open Streets." Be a man and take it to the drag strip where it belongs.

Interesting show fun to watch neat cars, goofballs for sure, hey it's TV. I wonder what it would be like if they would make a TV show of what goes on in this place. You couldn't make this stuff up. Just sayin. :)

Well half of the drag week cars would be laying waste to those guys . And the airport would best replicate a

street scene as in being unprepped and the bonus would be EMT's being close by . And i really dig the drama

Daddy Dave not racing Doc was bull but all for the drama . And this is way better than Won and Done on Mavtv with

the Pinks Guy who has no clue about a car other than how to drive.

Michael

I have been around real street racing in L.A. There are a lot of trailered cars. Why wear out parts, when you don't have to. The reason they race at the airport, on the show, is so they have time to set up those huge portable lights & all the camera gear. In the time it takes to set up all that, a real street race will have taken place, the cars would be back on the trailers, & everybody would be home, in bed. Those lights & camera crew, would attract the cops, like a moth to a flame. It probably has a lot to do with liability to the network, too. While it is scripted, it does accurately depict what really does go on in big time, high stakes, street racing. I've been there, I've seen it.

Jeff