Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevy Impala

Christopher J

The Impala I've been laboring on is finally done. Got it done about a month back, but the forum was down. Anyway.....that said, here's the finished product......

Sitting in the "parking lot" I made with my 6yr old.

ModelCarBuilds020_zps66546b6b.jpg

ModelCarBuilds021_zps84fcb8cf.jpg

ModelCarBuilds022_zps9794e5eb.jpg

ModelCarBuilds023_zps4f8942b2.jpg

Rear view and trunk view

ModelCarBuilds024_zps6f782f82.jpg

ModelCarBuilds025_zps375d8546.jpg

Got the wiring and plumbing all done....

ModelCarBuilds026_zps5738df30.jpg

ModelCarBuilds027_zps1a051f0f.jpg

Front view

ModelCarBuilds028_zpsa6f5e429.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words. Crazy Jim, those are decals ordered from Franklin Ink. Until his PC went belly up he made full body decals for a number of model kits. Danno the fender is now meant to look as if the paint had been rubbed down to bare metal. It suffered a mishap when I was shooting clear. I accidently grabbed a can of black when I got distracted and put my can of clear down. They were next to each other on my bench. I didn't get much on there and was able to get the black off with careful use of cotton swabs dampened with lacquer thinner. In the process I thinned the existing clearcoat more than I thought and tapped over the decal to protect it so I could touch up the yellow. When I pulled my tape it pulled the decal. Once that happened I decided to go the "FUBAR'd" fender route.I thought it was a decent semi save.

A big thanks to all for your thoughts concerning my build as well as your sharing your feelings about what should be different Orr is spot on. I love the thoughts and criticisms as it helps one to get better. Mrdarkmonkey the decals aren't available at present, but as soon as he gets a computer running again I'm sure they.will be.