Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something you don't see every day

This just showed up in the parking lot of the apartments down the road from me.

Brian has owned it for eight years, has put on 100,000 of the 400,000 miles on the odometer, and is on it's third engine.

The front clip came out of a Camaro which also donated the rear end.

IMG_2152_zpsddfbd5b7.jpg

IMG_2155_zps40479934.jpg

IMG_2157_zps7a53ce0b.jpg

IMG_2161_zpsdeca6ade.jpg

IMG_2158_zps9eb45a04.jpg

I have more detail photos if anyone is interested, and access to the vehicle to photograph specific details upon request; 'cause I just know someone is going to build this ;) . Just shoot me a PM.

Lots to look at and it would make a great vehicle to replicate in scale.

I totaly agree, Doc. Finding the base model might be a challenge, though.

I think you could use something like a Revellogram '48 Woody sans fenders, you could at least build something with the same look.

Believe it or not, I actually kind of like this one. It has an honest and brutally functional post-apocalyptic vibe, and looks to have been built from whatever was available and affordable, rather than being hacked together into something visually awful, just to get attention. The claim he's put 100K miles on it is believable, but it might be a little tricky starting in a downpour.

The craziest thing is that that entire exhaust "system" is unsupported! And he seemed confused that he couldn't keep the exhaust from leaking. :wacko:

There IS an exhaust support located just at the front of the glasspacks. Not ideal, and somewhere the system WILL fatigue crack, but it's kinda okay.

I especially like the EZ-OPEN wingnut-and-hinge exhaust dumps for a little impromptu dry-lakes action. B)