Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 1962 Dodge Dart convertible

peekay

That is as good as it gets, fantastic build of great looking car! As others have said, the BMF work is very sharp. Nice paint job too, but my favorite is that engine! If I couldn't see the Headlight lenses on that picture, I'd say that the engine is real. Very nice work.

For the lenses, I have used white paint too, so that you paint the lenses white and then remove the paint from the center so that chrome will be seen a bit there. Very simple and it sure does make a difference...Here's a picture of my Super Bee Headlights where I used that trick.

P8162431.jpg

I will just add to what everyone else has already said.... that is one beautiful model. For what it's worth, for the chrome headlights, what I've done is glue clear headlight lenses from my parts box that fit the chrome lenses. I use either clear enamel or clear Elmers Glue to attach them.

Thanks again for your very kind comments everyone.

For what it's worth, for the chrome headlights, what I've done is glue clear headlight lenses from my parts box that fit the chrome lenses. I use either clear enamel or clear Elmers Glue to attach them.

(Slaps forhead) why didn't I think of that. I'll give it a go.

Thank you Alan for answering my question about the dash.

I have one of these kits to build myself, and even though it doesn't matter to you or Peter that it's not the right one ,, which is fine ,, I was curious what it was from. I'd like to have the correct one for mine, unfortunately Modelhaus doesn't do the correct one so I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

The dash in the Revell '62 Dodge 4 door hardtop kit is correct. These are hard to find though. You could modify the '63 piece.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

But, the interior is so shallow that I decided it would be too much work to build.

I've got a 60 DeSoto nearing completion where I lowered the floor but I wouldn't bother again - as you say, too much work.

But these are kits that I've kept coming back to since they were new and I've come to accept some of their idiosyncracies. At least the bodies, grilles and bumbers are spot on. I don't like the original tyres though, they're too tall, and I always replace them.

Edited by peekay