Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Hitting a pheasant in my Saab 9-3 convertible and unfortunately for the bird it was terminal. The when I got home I found it had knocked the foglight out. (Luckily fixable though.)

Spoiled the rest of the drive home though, :( It was great before, sunshine, top down and rock CDs on the player...

steve

Took my 1:8 nitro powered RC car for a spin, or at least I thought. Ran for about 2 minutes and suddenly stopped. Went home to pull the engine out, and a good clean. When I started disassembling the front suspension, I noticed that all of the screws are different (hex, philips, torx). I haven't cleaned it since I bought it a couple of weeks ago, so I dove in and found out that all the screws in the metal parts were stripped from thread, making it impossible to get them out since they're flush. I still have to get the engine out and cleaned, but I'm kinda afraid of what I'll discover in there.

Some people need a high five, in the face, with a chair...

Went on my morning walk taking my pedometer and a Jawbone heath wrist band. Pedometer said 4. 4 miles and the wrist band when plugged into my smart phone said 5.6 miles. Big difference. Have no idea which is correct or closest to being correct. Average both ??? : )

Hitting a pheasant in my Saab 9-3 convertible and unfortunately for the bird it was terminal. The when I got home I found it had knocked the foglight out. (Luckily fixable though.)

Spoiled the rest of the drive home though, :( It was great before, sunshine, top down and rock CDs on the player...

steve

I'd have taken the pheasant home and given it a proper burial...

...in a roasting pan.

Went on my morning walk taking my pedometer and a Jawbone heath wrist band. Pedometer said 4. 4 miles and the wrist band when plugged into my smart phone said 5.6 miles. Big difference. Have no idea which is correct or closest to being correct. Average both ??? : )

if you have 1 wrist watch, you'll always know what time it is.

if you have 3 wrist watches, you'll never know ....

I'd have taken the pheasant home and given it a proper burial...

...in a roasting pan.

Mike G,

There are two reasons that wouldn't happen:

1. It is illegal in the UK to take any roadkill that you have hit with your own vehicle.

2. I have been a vegetarian since 1977...

steve B)

Had a mishap with some (fairly strong) tooth pain meds (liquid),wife was helping me (hard to reach an upper left tooth myself),she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and rather than th e"tiny drop" dripped directly into the offending tooth,she completely saturated my entire upper left jaw line. Within 15 minutes,had a mouth full of blisters,and have been swollen (still with the blisters) for about 12 hours now,no eating or ability to sleep :unsure: . I'm a bit more than irked with her right now (though I know it was NOT intentional,she was only trying to help...but had she just gave enough of a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH to pay attention rather than wondering if the commercial was over an dher show back on,would have saved me worse pain than any surgery I've ever had or bone broken,including when I broke my neck in 2 places :angry: )...

Joining the Keep America beautifull discussion.

My dad used to bail garbage out of the window and when I got 6 I started to point him that "my teacher says your making the world dirty for our grandchildren."

I kept doing that for years and now he keeps all the garbage in the car to stop by the nearest trashcan. :)

Seen a Turkish video of a motorcycle driver with a gopro on his helmet picking up the junk people throw out of their windows (empty McDonalds stuff, half empty coffeecan's, ...), then he drive upto their car and makes a sign to roll their windows down and he just throws it right into the car. :)

Going to do that too when I see that happen in front of me. ;)