Model Cars Magazine Forum

When will Revell show us what they got?

LoL...I'm getting goofy from exhaustion from the last few weeks of work and the endless speculation about new releases...looking forward to my weekend getaway, there will be an outcome Saturday to the Indy Car Series championship and I'll be there.

What? You'er not going to Dannos with the rest of us? :lol:

They're waiting on LICENSES?! Let's see...they already have licenses from GM, FoMoCo, Fiat/Chrysler, Fiat/Ferrari, VW, Porsche, Nissan, BMW, MINI, Jaguar, Jeep, Austin, and Honda. I'm sure there are more. This can only mean ONE thing;

wait for it

the long-awaited YUGO!

In what I can only hope is a outrageous typo, Tower Hobbies is showing a MAY 2014 release for the '57 Chevy Convertible. I don't hold a lot of hope for future release news when current soon to be released kits are getting punted 6 months out.

As stated elsewhere when the news hits, it may be "new for 2015/16."

Charlie Larkin

I don't hold a lot of hope for future release news when current soon to be released kits are getting punted 6 months out.

"Accuracy trumps speed everyday and twice on Friday."

I'll stick with what you said Sunday. :P In all seriousness, I don't see the need to tie any particular kit to a specified arrival date. I understand retailers like to be kept abreast of what's coming up, and a delay may result in the loss of a potential sale or ten, but I can't think of anything which would be seriously affected by a kit being delayed for a few months or even a year. Does anybody have to have a '57 Chevy Bel Air convertible in December 2013 instead of June 2014?

Does Revell lose some credibility with a few folks if they have six automotive kits per year released later than originally planned and announced? Probably, but for the vast majority of their customers and even for more serious builders like most of us who log on here, I don't see it as being a problem. Those people, and us, will still buy it when it finally arrives on store shelves. How many times have you heard someone say, "I REALLY wanted to buy that all-new 1/25 Revell '51 Aero Willys in June when it was supposed to be here, but since it didn't arrive until December, there's NO WAY I'm buying it, even though I still really want it!" Be honest. If you, me or anyone else wants it, they're plunking down $24.95 for it in December, even if it was supposed to be here in June.

"Accuracy trumps speed everyday and twice on Friday."

I'll stick with what you said Sunday. :P In all seriousness, I don't see the need to tie any particular kit to a specified arrival date. I understand retailers like to be kept abreast of what's coming up, and a delay may result in the loss of a potential sale or ten, but I can't think of anything which would be seriously affected by a kit being delayed for a few months or even a year. Does anybody have to have a '57 Chevy Bel Air convertible in December 2013 instead of June 2014?

Does Revell lose some credibility with a few folks if they have six automotive kits per year released later than originally planned and announced? Probably, but for the vast majority of their customers and even for more serious builders like most of us who log on here, I don't see it as being a problem. Those people, and us, will still buy it when it finally arrives on store shelves. How many times have you heard someone say, "I REALLY wanted to buy that all-new 1/25 Revell '51 Aero Willys in June when it was supposed to be here, but since it didn't arrive until December, there's NO WAY I'm buying it, even though I still really want it!" Be honest. If you, me or anyone else wants it, they're plunking down $24.95 for it in December, even if it was supposed to be here in June.

Well do I need it now? Well shoot I don't NEED it ever to be honest, but if you want to look at in those terms it was one of the few kits Revell had planned for the 2nd Half of 2013 I was actually interested in...It was also a kit that didn't require nearly as much work as say the 2nd attempt at the Hemi Cuda, and that seems to still be coming "on time". Besides that Revell never actually releases a schedule to the public, we all know what's coming based on what's posted here and elsewhere by dealers who have the rolling 3 month list and speculation based on the Tower Hobbies releases schedule. Buying it based on be issued "on time" doesn't have anything to do with anything actually.

But beyond that I was just saying that in the interest of this thread and the speculation that something on the 2014 release schedule wasn't ready/licensed for announcement yet, clearly Revell is having an issue getting kits they already have announced to market in their usual time frame.

I find it amusing that Round 2, Moebius, and ALL of the Asian Manufacturers have announced their 2014 release lines (for Japan that only takes us to January '14 in theory), but for some reason Revell missed iHobby, missed NNL, missed the phantom October 15th date and well we should all just be happy they exist and shut up and build a model. Unless you're heavily into Asian kits the focus in America on models is June and October. They plod along too long and nobody is going to even be paying attention when they do announce because we'll all be busy with our families during the Holiday Season.

They plod along too long and nobody is going to even be paying attention when they do announce because we'll all be busy with our families during the Holiday Season.

I am sure what I am going to say is going to be took as bashing Revell, which is not, but maybe , Revell knows that what they have planned for 2014 is going to be some what disappointing, so by them pushing back the reveal dates, they can reveal their 2014 kits under the radar if you will, no matter what Revell does, the ignorant people will blow up their FaceBook page and bash tell the cows come home.

Again, just a random thought, do I think it holds any merit, nope, but you never know