Model Cars Magazine Forum

TESLA RESURRECTION

Dr. Cranky

Glad to see you back doing one of "those" paint jobs! Really Striking! Love it...

Nikola Tesla (Serbian-Italian, 1856-1943) was a brilliant inventor and theoretical physicist who “won” the Current Wars of the late 19th century pitting Thomas Edison (advocating direct current – DC – for which he held many of the basic patents) against George Westinghouse and his Westinghouse Corporation, which held the North American rights to Tesla’s alternating current (AC) system. At the time it was believed that electricity would be produced by many small, local generating plants distributing over relatively small distances. AC was cheaper and more efficient in this regard. Edison held out bitterly and as late as 1903 was still advocating DC even though AC had prevailed 10 years earlier. Ironically, today DC is used to transmit electricity over very long distances, such as over undersea cables.

Tesla was an eccentric genius who, over his long life, held more than 700 patents in basic and applied technologies. He was a believer in a universal life force. He spent his entire life searching for it and was a practitioner of what he believed to be “pure science”. In 1931 when Edison died, Tesla told the New York Times “If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search... I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”

Today he is most known for his futurist vision of the world, his spectacular experiments in ultra-high voltage static electricity, and for his uncompromising eccentricity. He was an outspoken vegetarian and animal rights advocate (although he also strongly supported eugenics…), rarely slept, and is believed to have been celibate his entire life. I think that it’s for this image of relentless idealism, as much as his undeniable importance in the development of the practical use of electricity, that Elon Musk chose Tesla as the name of his car company.

Let-the-future-tell-the-truth....jpg

Nikola-Tesla-Quotes-5.jpg

why-nikola-teslas-wireless-power-was-fat

Edited by Bernard Kron

Truly, a very well executed ( or should I say "electrocuted") paint job......I have wrapped ( I did the design work, others applied it) trucks of a local electrican with a very similar design.....yours is very striking and well done.....obviously you arereally diggin' your result, and you should, it is first rate.