Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Dodge - - Finished - - Class of '57 - Entry #2

Ramfins59

I finished this one up this afternoon. To recap the WIP thread, this is a Modelhaus resin kit. The colors are Model Master Chrysler Yellow and Tamiya Red Brown. I used Duplicolor Clearcoat and about a quarter mile of BMF to finish it off. I sanded off the shallow, molded wipers and used chrome wipers, mirrors and antenna's from my parts stash. Additions to the interior were sheet plastic visors painted yellow, gas and brake pedals because there weren't any, a piece of a shirt pin for a turn signal stalk, and a resin, dash mounted rear view mirror painted chrome silver.

1957DODGEMODELFINISHED11024x713_zps9602a

1957DODGEMODELFINISHED21024x760_zps3c3ba

1957DODGEMODELFINISHED31024x682_zps4474e

1957DODGEMODELFINISHED41024x689_zps5e4fa

This was a fun project overall, even with the PITA masking job for the second color, and the hours spent on the BMF work. Thanks for looking in on this. All comments, etc., are welcomed as usual.

The next one up on the bench is another 50's car that we rarely if ever see worked on. I just LOVE picking unusual and not your run-of-the-mill models to work on.

Thanks a lot everyone. Yeah, fins and chrome... gotta love it. I will have to replenish my BMF supply shortly as I think I may have only 2 sheets left along with some small pieces on a couple of sheets.

Alan, you're right about it sitting kind of high, because of the way that the chassis fits onto the flat bottom of the interior. I could have drilled the axle holes a bit higher to make it sit lower but I didn't. You could try doing that when you get your kit. Yes, the exhaust tips are molded onto the rear bumper and I still need to put some flat black in the openings.

Carl, that would be a great deal if the BMF people would do it...... say buy 6 sheets and get the next one free. They'd owe me about 6 sheets at this point over the past 20 years.