Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Beer Wagon another one after 35 years

ratdoggy

Just getting back into this and had this kit sitting on the shelf for a while. The first model car I did was a Beer Wagon so it's kind of appropriate that getting back into this I would start with one :) . I am trying to shake the rust off but it's not easy. I'm sure (hoping) this one comes out better than my first attempt at 8. At least I'm not painting with Q-tips now (even if it might look like I did)

post-13053-0-59472200-1390749656_thumb.j

post-13053-0-38864900-1390749667_thumb.j

Edited by ratdoggy

"Painting w/Q-tips" lol I hear what your saying,,I used to do that myself. It looks like a fine re- start to building as much as I can tell. Those Daniels Monogram kits are soo much fun to to,,ya know,,,I dont have this one,,Ive got others,,maybe Ill have to get this one. This build looks great to me,, Welcome back to the hobby!

I have a question.....The old decal sheet was ruined as it just disintegrated as I was trying to remove the paper. I scanned half the sheet and now I need some ideas. I have heard mention of decal paper I can print from my scan onto. I can't find the right info on this

yea you can get decal paper......i bought a bunch of it a while back, but i cannot remember where i got it. you`ll need a can of fixative for decals as well to spray on the sheet after printing........ lemme rack my brain and try to remember where i got it from.

cheers

bryan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very Nice Mike, hope to see you display that at one of the meetings.

Thanks Jeff. I hope to have a couple finished by the next meeting. Was doing a T'rantula dragster but messed up the engine and I lost a couple of pieces so I had to buy another kit :angry:

Hello Mike

I like the wood work on the deck, How did you accomplish that?

Is that Testors chrome on the barrel trim and chains? Nice!

The custom decals are a great touch! I like them a lot

Thank You for sharing

Welcome back to the hobby

Later

Russ

;)

Dry brushed dark brown over tan

Testors silver

Decals are Firebird designs