Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chrysler 300B

maltsr

Just completed this kit box stock and overall went together well. Cleaning mold lines was tiresome, but the fit of the interior parts and body/chassis mating was excellent, as was mounting of bumpers and other chrome parts :). Paint is Tamiya Forest Green metallic, which appears to be a close match for the Surf Green colour available in 1956. Interior is Tamiya Wooden Deck Tan. A good time was had by all - on to the pics....

008_zps39ab20a8.jpg

014_zpsa1c391f9.jpg

019_zps5697bca2.jpg

020_zpsec017800.jpg

001_zps2a7d06fc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Beautiful Paul!! I still haven't picked up one of these kits even though I like the looks over the '55. I built a '55 maybe a year ago & that may have something to do with the fact that I haven't gotten the '56 yet. Almost exactly the same kit with a new body. I'd probably get bored doing another one so soon. I agree! the engineering on these Mobius kits is nothing short of a modern miracle. In over 40 years of building, I have never done a kit that went together as well as the '55! Very nice job on this one!! One tiny critisizm. The trim around the head lights should be chrome. :) Steve