Model Cars Magazine Forum

FIRE FROG! Futuristic Off Road Racer. WIP Photos!

Ira

HERE WE GO!

I started fitting the Moon Scope Body Sides to the Gran Turismo Wheel Wells. When I got an idea how the bodies would fit together, I marked the Moon Scope Front Underside for cutting.

DSCN9738F_zps4e1a81fc.jpg

I cut along the lines with a cut-off wheel in a Dremel Tool.

DSCN9740F_zps79f71c60.jpg

More Coming... B)

GRAN MOON!

Starting to mix The Gran Turismo and Moon Scope parts together! I have been fitting the Moon Scope front section into the Gran Turismo Front Wheel Wells. I got a pretty good idea where it would fit so I marked the spots. Then I made a file card template of the top of the wheel wells. Next I transferred the template shape to plastic.

DSCN9742F_zpse8904c8b.jpg

Then I glued the Wheel Well Fillers in place.

DSCN9744F_zps56813419.jpg

Before I glued the Moon Scope Section in place I added a 1/16th " length of strip plastic, because the Filler was a little too small. Here is the Moon Scope Section glued to the Gran Turismo Body.

DSCN9775F_zps872ef985.jpg

More Coming... B)

NOW FOR THE REAR!

I am fitting the Rear Parts in the same way as I did with the Front Parts. Here is the Rear Wheel Well Filler in place and the Moonscope sides have been marked.

DSCN9751F_zpsf9471708.jpg

Cut out the Rear Moonscope sides.

DSCN9760F_zpsfbe92876.jpg

Here are both of the front and rear Moonscope sides in place.

DSCN9769F_zps44d2d0b8.jpg

Top View!

DSCN9762F_zpsd76c6c63.jpg

More Coming... B)

I gotta check this out. Is the Tamiya Frog RC the inspiration behind this project?

I always liked the Tamiya Frog!

The Fire Frog name came after the designing was done, but I am going to try for a "Frog Style" Paintjob... B)

I always liked the Tamiya Frog!

The Fire Frog name came after the designing was done, but I am going to try for a "Frog Style" Paintjob... B)

Some of the worlds most colorful frogs are the Poison Arrow, also known as Poison Dart frogs.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=poison+dart+frogs&qpvt=poison+dart+frogs&FORM=IGRE

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=poison+arrow+frogs&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=poison+arrow+frogs&sc=8-18&sp=-1&sk=

FIRE FROG NEEDS A V8!

Decided on a Revell 2006 Mustang GT Engine, so I'm going to need to mount a radiator somewhere. The opening in the rear is the perfect size, it just needs a few strips of plastic to make it work. I traced the inside edge of the rear on a strip of plastic.

DSCN9779F_zps2f5ef76c.jpg

Then I cut out the shape and glued it in place.

DSCN9780F_zpsc6cb74dc.jpg

Next I added a strip of plastic to extend the Roll pan.

DSCN9783F_zps1799bcc4.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira