Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Rolls Sedanca

Cato

Unfortunately...

A hospital  stay this past week has conspired to delay this build even more. Some fairly serious issues are being dealt with for the coming while. Being home for this interim is a blessing. Much back and forth to docs and possible hospital again are in the cards. The medications are tough to live with on top of the issues - solution; don't get old.

However I will lurk as I can and dabble on the Rolls when I have good days. Will try to do 'set-up' work in small bits to keep rolling. It's therapy for me if I can. I truly want to continue and finish my vision.

Thanks to all who follow and I will poke in when this malady allows.

C

Cato, I'm at a loss for words as you've made it quite apparent that you have a quite serious situation you're dealing with.  My personal thoughts and prayers are for you and that you'll be able to return sooner than later to your build as it's obviously something you truly enjoy.   Please continue to let us know of your progress and we wish you a speedy recovery.  Tim

Best of luck Cato. You and your work have been most inspiring to me. As a matter of fact I will be moving to 1/8 scale and hope to one day do a rendition of this same model ... modified of course (Allison?) with Blue Bird inspired coach work ... but that's in the future. For now, I'm looking at a 32 ford speedster with a modified boattail from a Pocher alpha Monza ... and I'm gonna need some help

Get well sir.

Take care of yourself first. Get back to the Rolls when you can. You can bet that we will all still be here whenever you return to the model. Hey... you've been putting some serious time into this thing for quite a long time now... think of this as a small, well-deserved vacation from model building. It'll all still be here when you get back to it. B)

Take care of yourself first. Get back to the Rolls when you can. You can bet that we will all still be here whenever you return to the model. Hey... you've been putting some serious time into this thing for quite a long time now... think of this as a small, well-deserved vacation from model building. It'll all still be here when you get back to it. B)

Thank you Bob and Harry for the thoughts. Harry, you may complete a whole concours-full of 1/16 classics before I get too far. :lol:

However, i would prefer a far less PAINFUL vacation if you please...:(

I too have to express my well wishes for you, and I know that your mate too was dealing with some big challenges.  Know that you have many friends who are rooting for you and your mate. While model building is the glue that ties many of us otherwise strangers together your well being is the primary concern.  And...have you thought about making those Pilot Rays functional?  Hope that earned a chuckle. 

Forlorn...

Here sits 1616 hours of work, hibernating for a while longer. But the 'better' news today (as opposed to 'GOOD' news) is that improvements in its maker are on the way within a month or so.

So the quest will go on. Hope you still have interest,

C.

614 M.jpg

Edited by Cato

• 2 weeks later...

A little rehab...

Slowly over the last couple of days I got back to doing small things. Boy it feels great when working but I pay a price after...

I started slowly with a masking project on the rear body work. No rush, so I took a day for that. As the temps warmed to the 50F, I shot two build primer coats and one mist guide coat in black then an overnight dry. This in an effort to perfect the sweep panels and get them flat. The roof will remain masked so that the fabric covering bonds to raw plastic and not paint. That's quite a way off. Sanding tomorrow to get flat and find any low spots.

Getting crazy, I tackled a nit pick job of perfecting the windshield opening to match the brass frame. I cut thin strips of .030, .020 and .005 styrene to build the curvature at the bottom center. A little sanding and back and forth fittings blends them into a gradual curve. The frame is a now a press fit snug but when painted, I will relieve the paint build-up and make it a light press fit. A smear of Bondo may be needed across the front edge - will see when I get some primer on that area. Sure feels good to get back to the bench...