Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988 Chevy Custom Pickup

These are pictures of my 1988 Chevy Custom Pickup. I keep a supply of snap kits on hand to provide an occasional "slump-buster/morale-booster" project. But this time I chose an inexpensive 1988 Chevy Pickup Promo I bought for $8 at a model car show.

I slammed the chassis, added Pegasus Chrome Rims/white wall tires and covered the body with Spaz Stix Candy Gold over a Silver Base. I cleared it with Rustoleum 2x Gloss clear and polished that with pads and Meguires Ultimate polish. Some detail painting, a custom bed cover, bare metal foil and a custom license tag finished up the low drama/high fun build I was after.

Enjoy!

IMG_5432-vi.jpg

IMG_5433-vi.jpg

IMG_5435-vi.jpg

IMG_5439-vi.jpg

IMG_5440-vi.jpg

IMG_5441-vi.jpg

Wrecker388 -- Good point, I guess. I just looked at many similar 1988 Chevy pickup promos on EBay, and none of them have mirrors. If you will supply me the mirrors I need, I'd be glad to install them.

Edited by Steve_L

Wrecker388 -- Good point, I guess. I just looked at many similar 1988 Chevy pickup promos on EBay, and none of them have mirrors. If you will supply me the mirrors I need, I'd be glad to install them.

I don't have any to spare, and i now remember that about those promos.

• 2 weeks later...