Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Pontiac Grand Prix Replica Stock

Porscheman

This is the 2nd build since NNL East of last Saturday. This is a Modelhaus Resin painted Dupli-color Forest Green with Testors Wet Look Clear, Tamiya Semi Gloss Black interior and Clear blue window tint. I love the look of this car with hide away head lights.

Thanks for looking. Tell me if I missed something.

Al

post-8591-0-32861200-1399065165_thumb.jp

Mirrors.

Harry, I'm out of mirrors. I just don't want to put any mirrors on my models, they have to be in the same time period as the car. do you know of anyone that makes aftermarket mirrors?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on this build. I really enjoyed building this one.

Al

Very nice Al! I personally love the look of the '67 Pontiacs. Very unique body style. Of course, I've always been a bit of an "odd duck" when it comes to styling. I love the old late 50s & early 60s Mopars. They don't get a lot more "odd" than that. I've been slowly looking for an original MPC '67 Bonneville. Eventually I'll find one. They're out there, but not cheap. Modelhaus does cast mirrors if you're interested. Mostly just repros of old AMT & Johan original kit mirrors. They're not exactly cheap either! :)

Steve

S

Very nice Al! I personally love the look of the '67 Pontiacs. Very unique body style. Of course, I've always been a bit of an "odd duck" when it comes to styling. I love the old late 50s & early 60s Mopars. They don't get a lot more "odd" than that. I've been slowly looking for an original MPC '67 Bonneville. Eventually I'll find one. They're out there, but not cheap. Modelhaus does cast mirrors if you're interested. Mostly just repros of old AMT & Johan original kit mirrors. They're not exactly cheap either! :)

Steve

Steve, Thanks for the heads up on mirrors from the Modelhaus. The 67 Grand Prix had a rich look to it, from front to back, It reminds me of a 69-70 Mercury X-100. Just a Big O Boat with style.

Al

Very nice job Al. Love the pre-'69 Grand Prixs. Especially the '67s. The only year Pontiac offered a Grand Prix convertible. Love that front end. The regular '67 full-size Pontiacs had a great looking front end. The Grand Prix was just one step better.

Again, great job Al. Mirrors or not, your model looks great.

Scott Aho

Looks great, Al. I think I saw you toting that box around when we met up.

That window tinting looks good. Is that the spray transparent blue you used? And if so, how many coats did you apply?

Charlie Larkin

Charlie for tinting windows, I use Tamiya Clear Blue out of a rattle can. 3 quick, very light coats on the inside of the windows and you're done. Practice on a piece clear helps. Remember, the lighter coats the better. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't done. Use a piece on white paper after each coat, too check the darkness.

Al

Edited by Porscheman