Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

The Eagles doing Tom Waits...

I think it was my first year of college, one of the local "head" FM stations was playing both versions. This confused me for a while until I figured out yes, there really were two different versions of the song. :D

Two EXTREMELY talented contestants on The Voice rip up a song called "Put the Gun Down" by someone named ZZ Ward. I'd never heard this song until yesterday and now it is my New Favorite Song of the Week. These girls are AT LEAST as good as the original, which is also pretty darn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0hVypeUK0

A Couple of Teddy And The Tigers' covers. This is a Finnish band that was active in 1977-1980. After that they've had a few gigs, but not many. Here they're covering Johnny Burnette's Tear It Up:

Carl Perkins' Honey Don't:

A great note for note cover of Badfinger's "Baby Blue"... B)

They could use a better singer, but that's not bad at all--very listenable.

I think the harmonies starting in the second verse stand out a little better than the original.

I liked this--thanks for posting it. B)

Is that supposed to be a serious cover or a comedy act?

Probably a bit of both. They are amazingly talented, but they like to have a bit of fun with their shows. They do a lot of rock and roll covers but can be a bit tongue in cheek. (It is hard to be a bad boy when you are playing heavy metal on a Ukulele.)

Here is their unique take on "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" which is a comedy act, but is worth watching. Think about how much work this one took to coordinate!