Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cover versions of well-known songs

Have you guys ever heard of Keller Williams? He's an acoustic guitar virtuoso who has more fun with his music than should be allowed.... a bunch of his stuff sounds like BlueGrass, but he has songs with titles like "Doobie in my Pocket" and such. Anyway, he's done a cover of Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" in which he does all three parts as one song.... it's really good and worth a listen!

55 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Have you guys ever heard of Keller Williams? He's an acoustic guitar virtuoso who has more fun with his music than should be allowed.... a bunch of his stuff sounds like BlueGrass, but he has songs with titles like "Doobie in my Pocket" and such. Anyway, he's done a cover of Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" in which he does all three parts as one song.... it's really good and worth a listen!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you "That 70's Show" fans.

(Cheap Trick) borowed that song from Alex Chilton (Big Star).Former lead vocalist of the (Box Tops)   I do like the TV version though.

So here is (Big Star), rather than the cover everyone is accustomed to hearing, as played on the Jay Leno show.

HELLO WISCONSIN!

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

5 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Joe Jackson covering his own song Ha Ha!   I love how he just about plays it sideways. 

"Close you're eyes" and try to guess the song from the start. Oh I see it's already given away.

Great version Kurt, I added this song to this thread:

Edited by afx

• 2 weeks later...

The Modern lovers originaly recorded "Roadrunner" in 1972. Jonathan Richman has always been great..........................................................................................................

But then in the early eighties, around came the "Jazz Butcher". A totally fun, tight,entertaining group that ya kinda had to see to appreciate.

(I wish I could find a copy of "Bath In Bacon/Scandal In Bohemia", you Butcher fans will know what I'm talking about.) 

Here Goes; Jazz Butcher, Roadrunner. (my favorite version) fast, crass and loud!

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

• 2 weeks later...