Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's about time for another '32 Ford

Agent G

Well my camera battery decided not to cooperate yesterday, so I'll post new pics today.

The rear deck was quite a chore.

DSCF5018_zps19f8f2e1.jpg

DSCF5021_zpsf8844545.jpg

It took three attempts to achieve this, the final sanding. The roof was a bit wavy as well.

DSCF5019_zpsd2dfc572.jpg

I was inspecting the body and realized there was a lock button on only one side. So off it came.

DSCF5022_zps6c36573e.jpg

The driver's side was ok.

DSCF5023_zpsdb0dc6f8.jpg

Smooth as a baby's behind now.

DSCF5024_zps003e22c3.jpg

DSCF5025_zpsf4063ca5.jpg

DSCF5026_zpscaa0b709.jpg

Lotsa elbow grease on one small part.

G

Edited by Agent G

Ok I have sloughed off for a week now so it's time for some progress pics.

Here's the frame after final sanding and priming.

DSCF5027_zpsf4244e40.jpg

DSCF5028_zps64ad2eba.jpg

Smooth as silk now.

Thought the interior needed some color so after a white primer, Krylon Satin Almond.

DSCF5030_zps3b43fc5a.jpg

DSCF5032_zps73e57555.jpg

Can any one guess what's next?

DSCF5034_zpsa758baa0.jpg

DSCF5033_zpsd47e4c4d.jpg

G

WAYNE ,the reason for the lock button only on the passengers side is people use to get in and out on that side when parked on the street so you did not get hit or lose a door ,

nice job so far ,i,ll be watching ,

I had an idea it may have been something like that after I sanded it off. I just might look in my PE spares for something to add after the paint is buffed.

Thanks Jonathan!

G

Wow, that took a lot of work to get the parts into good order. I've been seeing that with a lot of Revell products of late. Especially considering the prices, I find it a bit upsetting.

I used that shade of almond (older American Accents satin, not the textured paint) for the interior on my stock '32 Model B roadster. It's a nice color, and a good choice, I think. The real open '32s had that, and I suspect a lot of the closed cars did, too.

Any thoughts on exterior colors and wheels yet, Wayne? I'm thinking something like silver undercoat topped with Testors Sapphire Blue (which is ever-so-slightly transparent) might look nice.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

Okay Wayne, after seeing your work I'm gettin a bit nervous about this friendly competition. lol

The body and frame look amazing! I'm also loving what you did with the interior so far. I almost spit my water on my computer when I saw that picture of texture paint!! I have a can, almost the same colors, that I was trying to see if I could work in somehow. :lol:

Great job so far!

G I almost bought a can or two of textured paint at Hobby Lobby but did not know what it would look like on an interior. I am looking forward to your interior pictures after paint. Very smooth sanding and body work sir...

Charlie, I believe their mold are too worn but they keep putting out the kits. I'm sure popularity of the kit has something to do with that. I agree the satin almond color fits the build superbly.

Matthew, All that means is great minds think alike! Have at it brother, we'll all learn from each other.

Carl, That textured paint has become a staple in the armor community to replicate the non skid finish on most modern tanks. I spray it on the hull then paint over it with the tank's base color. It's a bit too fine and regular for replicating cast texture, but with this color on hand I couldn't resist using it for carpet.

Anyway here we go.

DSCF5036_zps28ebb814.jpg

DSCF5037_zps5d858dd0.jpg

The parts are just press fit for now but you get the idea.

Color you ask? Here's a teaser.

DSCF5039_zps18093b49.jpg

G

Thank you all!

That's Krylon "Global Blue" straight from the rattlecan. I bought it for another project, found it to be too light, so I used it here.

It sanded and polished out very well. Cured rapidly too, however I believe the 100+ temps and bright sunlight helped. :)

I did some more last night in regards to the engine. I'll get pics up later today.

Stay tuned!

G

Uh, I don't like the blue. Too many red ones and yellow ones and blue ones. The real ticket to fame would be . . . oh, say . . . a purple one!!!! :P

The guy who builds a purple 32 3window is gonna be King! ^_^

Me thinks that somehow, somewhere, in southern Arizona, a purple Deuce Coupe is under construction............

That's a clue detective. B)

Well I had the morning to myself so I worked on the intake system. The kit provided three fairly well molded Stromberg 97s. Trouble was the intake stacks were solid, and they were chromed.. So I stripped the chrome, cut off the stacks, filed the tops down and added some rod to serve as a mount for three chrome Bell aircleaners from a Revell '49 Mercury kit.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is todays progress in photos.

DSCF5040_zpse570ea66.jpg

DSCF5042_zpsa8274669.jpg

DSCF5043_zps34d8ebc0.jpg

DSCF5049_zps45c1525c.jpg

DSCF5056_zps295f6a95.jpg

DSCF5057_zps1814efd8.jpg

DSCF5058_zps13641f30.jpg

DSCF5059_zpsa52238c6.jpg

Fuel lines will attach where I drilled the holes in the carbs. I will run them back to a fuel distribution point on the firewall as the engine is devoid of the stock fuel pump.

G