Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Ferrari 156 "Sharknose" - Phil Hill's F1 World Championship Car

Plastheniker

I don't think words alone can effectively convey how gorgeous the model looks. Incredible job you did!

I also love knowing that the 156 was the car Ricardo Rodriguez made his debut in at Monza at 19 years old, youngest person to ever sit on the front row of a F1 grid. :)

If you have any in progress pics of the Ferrari I'd love to see them. I have this kit, but lack the courage to attempt it.

Mike

Sorry, Mike, I have no old WIP pictures. Comparing your instruction sheet and my model pictures, however, should give an impression of what has to be done.

If you should have built a Casadio/Revival kit never before I would not advise to choose the extremely difficult 156 as a first project.

I would recommend the open-wheeled Auto Union Typ C. As mentioned earlier in my contributions it is the best Casadio/Revival kit by far. It is easy to build and to detail by comparison, it should be still available (directly from the manufacturer or from eBay), and it makes a very interesting and attractive model.

• 3 weeks later...

Great model. Great detail. It is really a very well executed miniature.

However, I would like to point out few details in the history of the car.

It was NOT the first mid engined Ferrari.

Mrs Ferrari did not get mad because of the walk out. The walk out was triggered by Mrs Ferrari's attitude. The workers asked she don't come to the factory and bug them or they leave. Enzo stuck with his wife and off they went.

It you want this model to represent Phil Hill's car at Monza, there needs to be an intake added on the nose and the side panels on each side of the engine should not be there.

The clear covers over the intakes in the rear were used in rain. Monza was dry and they should be metal wire mesh in red.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the recent comments!

To be honest this is not my personal favourite of my 8 pairs of Casadio-Revival models, but it is true that also visitors seem to prefer this one.

BTW this topic is almost two years old, so I showed the mentioned Bugatti already one year ago:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102452