Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Cheetah ! Update 7-1-14

cobraman

Well, I have decided to go ahead and start the Cheetah as my next project. I have been putting it off because I was/am worried about screwing it up. I very well may but it won't be building it's self so....... Tomorrow it will go in for a good soak for 24 hours or so. I have not decided on a color or if I will build and decal it as a car that raced back in the day. There are normally nice decals on ebay to replicate a couple versions. May just go with a single color without decals . Just don't know at this point. If anyone has any Goodyear tire decals that will fit this car I will find something to trade you.

cheetah1002_zpsb11f8c66.jpg

Edited by cobraman

If anyone has any Goodyear tire decals that will fit this car I will find something to trade you.

After a quick Google search, I spotted a LOT of Cheetahs with the BFGoodrich Radial TA's. And we know they are definitely available in scale.

I really HATE to appear ignorant (actually who likes to appear ignorant? lol) but you talk about soaking the body for 24 hours. Is this something that you need to do when working with resin? I've never worked with that stuff before.

After a quick Google search, I spotted a LOT of Cheetahs with the BFGoodrich Radial TA's. And we know they are definitely available in scale.

The original Cheetahs did run Goodyears . Most of the photos with BFG and Hoosiers are Continuation Cars ( aka Kit Cars ) .

I don't see why you can't use any kind of tire on one . . . just like Cobras , no two are alike ! :D

Love the Cheetah. Here's an unsolicited opinion which covers both a color & decal choice. ;)

Cheetah_10.jpg

I really like the research that John A. did on this one --- I have a couple of these beasts in my collection and now I have target for those builds--

Thanks John --

Ray --- keep us informed on you progress --- I will be very interested in seeing the MH build up ---

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

Rats ! I was just checking the model parts closely just now and discovered that I have 2 left side side pipes and none for the right side. ( they are different ) I will email them today and see about getting the correct one. Stuff happens .

Found some time to do a little more on this kit. It has been primed and now it needs to be wet sanded. If you notice the chrome pipes are both for the same side. One should be different. I have sent an email to Modelhaus but so far no reply. If they don't send me a new one I will have to cut the pipe by the curve and rotate that cut off part 180 degrees and that should fix that. I decided I didn't care for the resin spare provided and thought I would swap it for a rubber tire. I think it looks better. I will be adding a roll bar also. I decided I will be painting it silver with red stripe down the center.

Cheetahprimed001_zpscc048db0.jpg

Cheetahprimed004_zps84301052.jpg

Cheetahprimed005_zpsc0224517.jpg