Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Cheetah ! Update 7-1-14

cobraman

Good choice replacing the spare tire , it looks much better than that resin piece .

You should be able to get another sidepipe , only problem is it'll take 4 - 6 weeks ! I think I'd try cutting one like you said while you're waiting , I think you'll need to make new hangers for it too . Have fun !

That's a killer ride, to be sure. I'd be tempted to replace both exhaust turnouts with some aluminum tubing.

I tried with some plastic tubing and well, lets just say it wasn't pretty. I think aluminum tubing might be tougher. I do have some so perhaps I will give it a try. On another note I was kind of surprised to see that the name COX is on the interior bucket. I know it's no secret that this kit was made from that but I was kind of surprised they molded it without removing the name.

I usually use a thread spool or a small pulley to bend my tubing around. Keep the pressure even, and don't try to make too tight a bend, and it should be okay. Cut the bend on a bias angle, and you should end up with a nice eliptical opening.

Ray , I take back my earlier comment about waiting 4 - 6 weeks . I ordered a bumper from them on June 2nd and just got an email today that it has shipped ! That's not bad considering they make everything per order .

Made some small progress on this one. At a standstill now as I am waiting for the paint I ordered and the tire decals being sent from one of our friends here and a replacement part from The Modelhaus. Will get back on it as soon as the stuff starts to get here.

cheetah4andbronco001_zps9c01f7e5.jpg

cheetah4andbronco002_zpsed2a5448.jpg

The interior and underside look really good from what I can see , be sure to take lots of pics for us to see everything ! Lots of people interested in this kit !

I got my part from Modelhaus Saturday , hopefully yours is there today ! :)

Thanks Bob. Looks like I need to work on those door gaps. Ever notice how much worse things look when you take a photo ?

Truthfully, I can't remember ever seeing a real Cheetah (excepting a couple of over-restored examples) with anything approaching even body panel gaps.

Ok, got everything I needed to return to this build. Body is painted, Tamiya Silver Leaf. The red center up and over stripe will be applied today and I will clear the car tomorrow. I stripped the chrome from the side pipes and painted them flat black. I didn't think the chrome pipes looked good with the car being silver. I may have to get another kit so I can paint it bright red.

cheetahbeforestripe001_zpsd268e2c3.jpg

cheetahbeforestripe002_zps05edb645.jpg