Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Nomad Surf Wagon

IceMan Collections

That is just awesome.i like all your detail work it rocks!Just 1 little thing though is the door handles,Other wise its perfect!

Yep, you missed chroming the door handles. (and the lower windshield trim and the wipers). But nice model! Is the beach umbrella scratchbuilt?

Turned out nice. But you need to have people see this in the "On the Workbench" segment to see some of your smaller details like the coolers, flip flops, etc. Very nice. By the way, did you get your tailgate to function? Can you open and close it? Or did you discover it was just easier to glue it closed like most of the people I know who have built this kit in past? Plus the original instructions told you you could not use the rear bumper guards if you were going to have your tailgate work. I see no rear bumper guards. So I'm wondering if you got your's to works?

Scott

Appreciate the comments everyone.

Stan n Harry, I completely missed the door handles and lower windshield trim. Didn't even notice til you guys mentioned it. Will have to take of that.

Scott, it is not a working tailgate. But it is not glued on either. I let it like this king thinking I could make it a mini diorama later. Parked in the sand with the tailgate open and the surfboards in the sand. There a few details you cants see unless you're looking close. Wasn't able to capture everything in pics. Here's the link to the progress thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90639

Harry, the umbrella is scratch built. It's a toothpick and a plain paper towel. Cut it it to scale, painted and then tied it up with a small ribbon.

• Like 1