Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Believe it or not, THREE Tesla S-types: a black one going north (rapidly), a white one going south, and a red one in a restaurant parking lot. All in Buckhead.

They're starting to get a foothold.

Just think if they were priced at half what they go for. We'd be seeing them everywhere.

Hey if I had a chance to pick an economical car I'd get an original mini I wish I was around in the sixties to buy one for a good price

It's not so much about economical. It's about sustainable.

There are plenty of gas-powered cars available that get good mileage, but good mileage isn't the point. Gas-powered is the point.

How is there a vauxhall in the us ? Time t do some research I guess

I wonder how many people remember that Vauxhall Victors were sold in the United States from 1958 through 1962. Just as Buick dealers started carrying Opel in 1958. Pontiac dealers got Vauxhall. From my understanding, compared to the Opels, they were not very good cars and did not sell well at all.

post-10661-0-69620800-1409367723_thumb.j

With Canada and their ties to Great Britain, Vauxhalls were more popular there. Starting in 1950 Pontiac/Buick dealers in Canada started selling Vauxhalls. In 1960, Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealers started handling a Vauxhall model in everything but name. Through your Chevy/Olds dealers you could buy a Vauxhall called the Envoy instead. The last Envoys were sold in Canada during the 1970 model year. For 1971 Vauxhall brought in a new model called Firenza. High prices and very low quality (the Firenza got a very bad reputation as a lemon), brought low sales to this model. For the 1973 model year, GM decided it was not worth bring Firenza up to the new safety and pollution control standards for Canada. Ending a 23 year run of Vauxhalls in Canada.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

I wonder how many people remember that Vauxhall Victors were sold in the United States from 1958 through 1962. Just as Buick dealers started carrying Opel in 1958. Pontiac dealers got Vauxhall. From my understanding, compared to the Opels, they were not very good cars and did not sell well at all.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

With Canada and their ties to Great Britain, Vauxhalls were more popular there. Starting in 1950 Pontiac/Buick dealers in Canada started selling Vauxhalls. In 1960, Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealers started handling a Vauxhall model in everything but name. Through your Chevy/Olds dealers they were called Envoys. The last Envoys were sold in Canada in during the 1970 model year. For 1971 Vauxhall brought in a new model called Firenza. High prices and very low quality (the Firenza was a lemon), brought low sales to this model. For the 1973 model year, GM decided it was not worth bring Firenza up to the new safety and pollution control standards for Canada. Ending a 23 year run of Vauxhalls in Canada.

Scott

Friendamine in HS had a little faded blue Vauxhall just like your pic. Ran like a champ, simple as a brick.

Believe it or not, THREE Tesla S-types: a black one going north (rapidly), a white one going south, and a red one in a restaurant parking lot. All in Buckhead.

I'll be seeing more Teslas... I told the story of my cousin who let me drive his Tesla. He is giving a lot of test drives. His father, my Uncle George decided he needed one at age 74. So he's got his on order.

I see a few Teslas around my area, I don't like them never liked electric cars I'm a gas guzzler fan. For the price of one I'd have a new range rover sport or an f type coupe

Jeremy, that's because you haven't driven one. Zero to sixty.. 6.5 seconds. It's like driving a rocket ship. And faster than most of the muscle cars we all pine after! Forget everything you ever thought about electric cars.

Very cool. I spot a VC in the middle of that line up! I've always wanted a VC Ute.

That's my sedan mate, and believe it or not , here is a pic of the VC ute i am doing up at the moment.

0069_zps16535f5d.jpg

And i had to play on the roof.

0066_zpsf3286be7.jpg

Almost ready for rego.