Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I saw another Tesla yesterday in the McDonald's parking lot.

I had never seen one in real life before, now I've seen two in the past week or so. Hey... maybe they're catching on! :lol:

Yea, but did they let you drive it? :) I've seen three since I saw my cousins car. One white and two black. My cousin's car is gold. I credit my spotting them with knowing what they are. I'm sure I saw some prior to this and they just blended into traffic.

Saw a pale yellow late Jeepster (the kind w/ the full width egg crate grille) in clean shape at a local gas station this afternoon. Saw a 10 yr old or so (previous generation) white Dodge Ram pickup on the freeway--what was uncommon was the rust around the bottom of the door and rear wheel wells, and rusty rear bumper. Don't see them that way here, the Pennsylvania license plate may have had something to do w/ the rust..

I'm happy to see a new On The Road thread started .. thanks Harry. This is something I get a kick out of .. I always have my DSLR ready when I'm driving and snap everything. Here's the cars since beginning of June .. the garages are open in the Berkshires!

ChevyDSC7863_zpse28d1c92.jpg

1930_DSC7772_zps6815aa11.jpg

Mustang_DSC7746_zps44f8ebaf.jpg

MG_DSC7601_zps0b2305cd.jpg

GTO_DSC7559_zps97519c7f.jpg

XKE_DSC7499_zps239f1f79.jpg

Was at the hobby store this morning. A guy there that I was talking to had his '73 Corvette there. A '69 GTX drove by while I was there. Then, on the way home I saw a '65 Mustang Fastback. On the way out to dinner a T-Bucket was going the other way. At Quaker Steak & Lube, where my wife and I ate, there was a '6? Corvette on a lift in the dining room where we ate(sorry, no pic). In the parking on the way out there was a '67 GTO, '74 Formula Firebird, '82(3 or 4...not sure), '6? Cadillac Convertible, and a '67 or '68 Barracuda. On the way home a '70 Impala going the other way.

post-9116-0-84442000-1406424526_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-52281000-1406424542_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-43927200-1406424564_thumb.jp

These were all taken one handed while I was driving.. not always good framing bu tmore when I get into th eolder ones to edit ..

While I appreciate pictures, YOU TOOK THEM DRIVING ONE HANDED??????????????????? That is as bad as texting, talking on the phone, etc. We just had a thread here about distracted driving. STOP IT BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT OR WORSE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I know this is in all caps, for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I appreciate pictures, YOU TOOK THEM DRIVING ONE HANDED??????????????????? That is as bad as texting, talking on the phone, etc. We just had a thread here about distracted driving. STOP IT BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT OR WORSE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I know this is in all caps, for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct, Lee. I complain often about people on the phone weaving all over the place and just noticed I did a touch when I was "distracted" by a hot car .. I am going to try to curtail this practice .. maybe have the wife drive so I can actually focus on the photo. Many of those photos WERE taken while I was a passenger.

You are correct, Lee. I complain often about people on the phone weaving all over the place and just noticed I did a touch when I was "distracted" by a hot car .. I am going to try to curtail this practice .. maybe have the wife drive so I can actually focus on the photo. Many of those photos WERE taken while I was a passenger.

Kudos Mike. Sorry for my brashness, but distracted driving is distracted driving, no matter what distracts us! ;). Good idea having your wife drive!

I saw an Audi R8 in town this morning, first one ever. It was stopped at the light in the next lane over. I had to google it, I didn't know what it was... all I recognized was the Audi logo on the back. It was white, just like this one...

audiblue_zpsd682f2dc.jpeg