Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many model A Ford kits are there ?

I know there are also resin body kits to obtain some alternate bodystyles. I have seen a '30 Roadster that was supposed to go on the Monogram chassis, a '29 Sport Coupe (which you could also build as a Cabriolet if you desired I suppose) for the AMT chassis and I have seen several alternate bodystyles in resin for the Hubley kits, including a delivery truck and an A-400. Perhaps someone out in cyber-land has photos of those as I not.

Eric

Interesting thread.

I just completed a build of the MiniCR*AP Model A.

The nice thing about that kit are the super detail parts.

The bad stuff about the kit:

1. Is there any part in the kit that is NOT warped?

2. Locator pins would have been nice. I think that there were a total of 2 working locator pins in the whole kit.

3. I just got to thinking about this list, and if I completed a list of the problems with the kit, the owners of this forum might be upset that I used so much bandwidth.

Let's just say that you should have better modeling skills than I do if you decide to tackle this kit.

Hmmm... I've built several of these... coupe, pickup, etc. Don't remember having any problems.

Hmmm... I've built several of these... coupe, pickup, etc. Don't remember having any problems.

For real?

I really struggled with this kit in a big way. I'm not certain that there were any parts in the entire kit that weren't warped.

For real?

I really struggled with this kit in a big way. I'm not certain that there were any parts in the entire kit that weren't warped.

Don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen any of those issues except a warped fender on one kit,. And once you glue everything together, basically it takes care of itself.

Don't know what to tell you. I haven't seen any of those issues except a warped fender on one kit,. And once you glue everything together, basically it takes care of itself.

On this kit, the cab, frame, and the fender/body assembly was warped badly. The wheels were a nightmare! The two part hood wouldn't fit, and neither did the radiator assembly. 90% of the sprues were warped too.

Maybe I got a bad kit...I sincerely thought about giving up on it multiple times. It is a good think that we built a rusty junker, and didn't try to build a nice shiny example!

If you ever build another one of these kits, I'd LOVE to see you do a tutorial on it!!!

Also, Harry, did you cut the wide plastic strips holding the two sides of the fenders (on the fender frame assembly), before attaching the fenders to the frame?

I almost removed those wide strips, but then chickened out. My skills are improving, but I was too worried to try it on this build.

• 7 months later...

First one I get, I'm gonna do a roadster pickup on (using Revell rat rod body), or maybe even a shortened cab truck. The '32 frame will find a home under another project, prolly either an old AMT '32 roadster or an MPC '32 coupe Switchers.

With apologies to Tim Boyd et al, '29 roadsters just don't spin my windmill. But I see a lot of potential in this kit as a "parts mine" and am looking forward to getting at least one.

Edited by Snake45

and another thread gets buried below an out dated thread from the past. Starting at post #84 this is about the "new" Revell kit and posibilites for AMT / Round 2 coming up with a preemptive strike.

Starting at post #86 we have yet another thread about coming up with alternatives to the original kit Revell has announced for their second quarter release,

But let's just lump this all into a thread about what Model A Ford kits are available.

Yes, it's all "The Same Group." :lol::D:P

Edited by Greg Myers

I don't see anyone having posted this before:

_57.jpg

This is 1:20 and die-cast parts. There is several of them in the series (you can see them on the side of the box). I don't have the Model A kit myself but do have the Model T kits (depot hack,sport runabout, delivery van and touring) and in one of the kits there is a flyer that lists all of the Scale Models (with address in Dyersville, Iwoa) kits and the model A kits that are listed are as follows: Town Sedan (four door sedan), Roadster, Coupe (looks like a 5-window coupe) Station Wagon (similar to the AMT woody), pickup, phaeton and the Victoria as pictured above in taxi livery (would they really use the Victoria as a taxi??).

Now, as I don't have any of the model A kits, I don't know about the quality but the model T kits look decent but I think there is a lot of work to build them. The basic body, chassis, engine, drivetrain and suspension is diecast metal but things such as wheels, headlights, radioator and seats are in injection molded styrene and the tires are in rubber.

Gabriel was a conglomerate company which bought up Hubley in the late 1970's, and reissued the Hubley diecast model car kits under their own name, but retained the original Hubley box art.

With the demise of Gabriel Industries, Joseph L. Ertl, one of the sons of Fred Ertl (founder of the farm toy line that bears his name to this day) bought up the tooling, and reissued many of the old Hubley diecast car kits from his home town of Dyersville IA.

Art